Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would You Like This?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Would You Like This? Reply with quote

I am working on a mock draft and I am thinking about a trade that the Titans/Redskins could make and this came to mind. Could you please tell me if you like it?

Washington sends the 9th overall pick(1st rd.), 76th overall pick(3rd rd.), 112th overall pick(4th rd.), 222nd overall pick(7th rd.) and their 2nd round pick next year

For

Tennessee sends the 6th overall pick and a 6th round pick next year.

I haven't checked to see if the points balance out and everything but I was just wondering if you guys would go for that.
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right...Points basically balence out...1633.6 going to Tennessee and 1600 to Washington...Not including next year picks.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that trading up is the least likely thing that the Skins will do. You've basically got them trading away all of their draft picks to take who?

They have 4 glaring position needs (WR, TE, DE, CB), and adding expensive free agents probably isn't an option. They'll need to fill those holes through the draft.

My advice is to work on a trade down.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we wouldnt do that but we could do our 9th pick our 3rd round pick and rod gardner i think thats pretty fair
e16bball

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think TrueRedskins is pretty close, I would just insert our 4th instead of our 3rd.

So it would be #9, Gardner, and #112 for #6. They get their 3rd WR, can take Barron, and get another pick to fill a hole. We get Mike Williams and retain our 3rd rounder to take a good CB. I don't see a big downside for either team.

And to be fair, Sooted, really only two of those needs are truly glaring. We can get by with Royal, he performed well enough last year, and we can also pick up a more dominant blocker in the 6th or 7th. Also, our DE problem is not glaring, at least IMO. We have the same DEs back from last year, except we add Daniels, who can bring a little heat. Also, we add Arrington, who is a blitzing machine when utilized correctly.

I really feel like our only truly "glaring" needs are at WR and CB. We need a WR who can take on the jam and provide a redzone target. We need a CB who can at least play nickel, be a good backup, and eventually become a starter. We can address anything other than those two spots after 6/1 cuts or even next year.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we did the same trade 9th 4th round and rod gardner for #4 from the bears and if braylon was still there would be take him over mike
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Braylon is there, I think we do take him over Mike Williams. I dont think Gibbs is looking to move up though I think he is either picking at nine or trading down.

I haven't decided if not inviting Braylon in for a workout is a fake so other teams don't think we are trading up or if it is because Gibbs know he will be off the board by the time we pick. We had Robert Gallery in last year and we knew he would be off the board. Gibbs planning something for draft day with Braylon Edwards?
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Skins didn't even bring Edwards to Redskins park. Presumably because they know they have no chance of getting him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: