Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Earl Little

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinTuck44

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Earl Little Reply with quote

Well we have just signed Earl Little FS from the Browns who had a off year is older then Sharper and will contribute alot. But I still suggest we draft atleast two safetys or one this year and one next.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay does this mean we cut roman in june or give him another chance and still draft a safety in the 2nd(b) or 3rd ?
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that this team understands what I've been saying all along. It's hard for a rookie to start at Safety due to the complexity of the position. WHile I think we will still draft a safety high, I think the odds of Thomas Davis or Brodney Poole playing for Green Bay are slim. I think it'll either be Shaun Cody, Marcus Spears, or Channing Crowder.
byzr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this guy has had some decent years. he's taken a year off but does anyone know why? seems like another Mark Roman signing to me but let's hope not.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure it is another Mark Roman signing I mean Little is a good player and will contribute a lot more then Roman ever has. Now with the Draft I think we will take a look at LB or DE in the first.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, that's the thing with us Packer fans, we are very impatient! Players do have off years, and that may be the case with Mark Roman. Sherman is saying that Roman played hurt for most of the '04 season, and that with time to heal he should be much improved this year, we will see. What I like is that with Roman, Freeman, Little, and whoever they draft in the 2nd or 3rd round the Packers will have 4 possible starters, out of 4 people, two will rise to the top, at least GB isn't putting their eggs all in one basket.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
It appears that this team understands what I've been saying all along. It's hard for a rookie to start at Safety due to the complexity of the position. WHile I think we will still draft a safety high, I think the odds of Thomas Davis or Brodney Poole playing for Green Bay are slim. I think it'll either be Shaun Cody, Marcus Spears, or Channing Crowder.

Dude, there were a bunch of rookie safetys starting and they did awesome at it. You can't say it's too complex. I also disagree with us taking Shaun Cody and Marcus Spears. Spears will be long gone by our pick, plus he is a much better 3-4 end, and that's what he played in college. Cody is more of a DT than end. Plus, we want a pass rusher. I could see us taking Crowder, but if we targeted him, we would probably trade down to get him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What "bunch" of safties started, on a quality team, their rookie year and played well? I'm betting that the list is short. You're talking about the guy (in Sharper anyway) that is calling out formations and assignments for the D. Little comes in already knowing the terminology and his assignments. Sooo, does Freeman.
Stop thinking 1st round safety guys. NOT going to happen. I...could not be happier.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matbe not a bunch, but just look at guys like Michael Boulware, Gibril Wilson, Bob Sanders, Eric Coleman... All stud rookies.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Safety we would draft is Thomas Davis, but he shouldn't be there.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this years draft is filled with so many DE's that one of them that isn't expected to fall to #24 actually does and I think that is why we need to go either DE or S in the first round after June 1 there will be quality veteran linebackers cut like Chad Brown from Seattle that we could bring in to start this year in don't think we go LB till the second.
gbpackerfn04

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond,

i have to agree with your comments about the DE. i would like to see us get either james, tuck, or ware at DE and either davis, pool, or bullocks at safety.
epackfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Davis is around you'd have to draft him. I have a hard time believing he'll be around at #24. Trading up a few spots to get him would definately improve the defense. I'd like to see them trade up even further and get Johnson/TX.
duxrule

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Packers not only resign, but extend Kampman, you gotta think they are looking at LB or ...... QB now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: