Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams second round?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What postition do you think that the Rams should try to address in the first round?
OT
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
OG/C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
S
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
other...if so, what?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

magscivic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Rams second round? Reply with quote

What postition do you think that the Rams should try to address in the first round?
WCOHUSKERS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: DB Reply with quote

I say cornerback/safety depending on what players are still there but I say we for sure go with a Defensive Back...I'm tired of seeing all these mock drafts that say #19 St.Louis Rams - Jammal Brown OU...sure he's good i'm not taking anything away from him...but I say we take the best DB available...
magscivic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I completely agree with you. A OT in the 1st round is easily the safe way to draft for the Rams. I want to see some mocks that have us picking up Brodney Pool - FS or Carlos Rodgers - CB in the 1st and maybe Bullocks FS or Bryant McFadden CB in the 2nd. I may be wishfull thinking, but oh well. We can always pick up a OT in the 3rd.
DomDavis37

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a huge "take Jamal Brown with the 19 pick" guy, but then I started reading up on some of the lesser known OTs. I absolutely fell in love with Ray Willis from FSU. Again this is just from reading and scattered game footage, but from what I have found this guy has all the physical ability and huge heart. The reason he is lower than some of the others is b/c he probably has no chance of playing LT in the NFL, he is a dead set RT. That is perfect for the Rams, we have a egomanic stud LT. Give me a workout warrior, smart, captain type guy at RT. He may not be a perennial Pro-Bowler but IMO he will be an absolute stud and great for the team. I heard one report actually say if Alex Barron had Ray Willis' work ethic and heart he would be better than OP. Ok, enough glowing over Ray Willis, what do you guys think of this draft day scenario?

Trades:

Rams trade the #19 to the Jets for the #26 and #88. The Jets want to move up to assure themselves of getting Heath Miller (I have read they are super high on this guy).

Rams trade #26 and #50 to the Eagles for #31 and #35. The Eagles want to move up to assure themselves of at least 1 of the top 5 WRs (IMO after Roddy White, that is where the WR talent takes a dip).

#31 - Corey Webster - CB - LSU (if not for an injury early in the season this guy would probably be top 2 CB, also great return guy)

#35 - Elton Brown - OG - Virgina (this is another guy that I am really high on, great character and top at his position, and a position we need)

#66 - Chirs Spencer - OC - Mississippi (Another need and top at his position)

#81 - Oshiomogho Atogwe - FS - Stanford (Good player, good in coverage, and not affraid to hit)

#88 - Ray Willis - OT - FSU (See above)

#117 - Jovan Haye - DE - Vanderbilt (he may not fall to here, but I would think DE in this spot)

#134 - Jordan Beck - OLB - Cal Poly (again he may not fall to here, but depth at OLB, to spell Coakley and a young guy to learn from him)

#155 - Darren Sproles - RB - K State (great value and I really think he will be there this late)

#192 - Kyle Eckel - FB - Navy (This guy is an absolute stud, great value)

#210 - Jamaal Brimmer - SS - UNLV (he may not be here this late but BPA, SS just in case Archuleta's back goes)

#231 - James Kinney - ILB - Missouri (home town kid)

#250 - Diamond Ferri - SS - Syracuse (BPA, and simply for the name)

#251 - Adam Bergen - TE - Lehigh (BPA)
aheineken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DomDavis37 wrote:

#250 - Diamond Ferri - SS - Syracuse (BPA, and simply for the name)

Simply for the name? Sounds like a gay stripper. I bet this kid was glad he's a good football player, otherwise he'd get his [inappropriate/removed] kicked on a daily basis.

Back to your draft, Corey Webster is a late 2nd-mid 3rd guy. That's way too much a of a reach for him. Brodney Pool would be a good pick there if the Packers don't take him. Justin Miller would be better as well if he falls.

Personally I think they should sit where they are. If Carlos Rogers or Pac Man somehow fall to them, that should be the pick, but if not, they will still be in great position to get Khalif Barnes, who I think is the best OT in the draft, or Jammal Brown, who will fall due to being a RT.
DomDavis37

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Brodney Pool and Justin Miller, but I have them going to the Packers and Jaguars, respectively? Webster might be a bit of a stretch but, IMO, not as big as you think. I have a feeling even though this is a deep CB draft they are still going to be hot commodity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: