Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Bolts Talk! (v. 1): Your SD Tourism Guide
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: This Ain't Bolts Talk! (v. 1): Your SD Tourism Guide Reply with quote

Well, we'd been brainstorming ways to increase forum activity, and it dawned on me that we have at least two others besides me who are active participants in the TAST Forum... so why the heck shouldn't we have a TABT thread in here.

The rules are... there are no rules. Well, no. Actually this is a bit more like Fight Club than Thunderdome. There actually are rules... regular forum and FF rules apply. But beyond that pretty much anything goes.

Those of you still gullible enough to watch the Padres and expect them to actually do something besides wallow among the dregs of the league... feel free to complain as if it means something.

Those of us that are married and need somewhere to gripe. Yeah we've got that now too, but do so with the knowledge that this is still a public forum.

As long as it's not actually Chargers related... no matter how random... feel free to discuss it here! And if not, feel free to show up and see MrDrew and I carrying on utterless, aimly... or um... utterly aimless banter. Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by The LBC on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other soccer fans here? I'm an Arsenal supporter so this is a pretty bleak year, but I've latched onto FC Barcelona because my girlfriend is a huge fan (and I suspect she has a crush on David Villa)

I think Barcelona might have one of the best football clubs in a loooong time
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Those of you still gullible enough to watch the Padres and expect them to actually do something besides wallow among the dregs of the league... feel free to complain as if it means something.

I still casually watch them. They seem pretty hopeless right now, and I keep hoping Rizzo can start putting his AAA numbers up in the majors. The Padres had no choice but to trade AGon, but I hope they at least get back a all-star caliber player from it. But I just have trouble really watching baseball. Even last season when they were playing really well I just can't invest myself to follow a sport where they play 162+ games, have such a large farm system where one minute a guys a hot shot the next he's trash, and where the rich bully the poor. MLB is a broken league compared to the NFL.

As for myself: I'm starting to look into masters programs for electrical engineering since I am having trouble in this job market. The application process actually doesn't look too bad, just need to take the GRE, submit transcripts, and get some letters of recommendation. Will you write me one LBC Razz

Oh, any my new game day snack addiction:

MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: This Ain't Bolts Talk! (Ch. 1, v. 1) Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Well, we'd been brainstorming ways to increase forum activity, and it dawned on me that we have at least two others besides me who are active participants in the TAST Forum... so why the heck shouldn't we have a TABT thread in here.

Forget the guy that Mods TAST, we'll just focus on the couple other guys that post there....

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: This Ain't Bolts Talk! (Ch. 1, v. 1) Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Forget the guy that Mods TAST, we'll just focus on the couple other guys that post there....

Yeah, the important ones, like me.

I remember a few months ago, some people want to go into a forum's TA(insertteam)T and just add a ton of posts. They wanted to come here until I told them we didn't have one. Now we do. Very Happy

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: This Ain't Bolts Talk! (Ch. 1, v. 1) Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
I remember a few months ago, some people want to go into a forum's TA(insertteam)T and just add a ton of posts. They wanted to come here until I told them we didn't have one. Now we do. Very Happy

That would have been the English Iggles fans. They were on the whole "Killing them with kindness" kick.

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
Any other soccer fans here? I'm an Arsenal supporter so this is a pretty bleak year, but I've latched onto FC Barcelona because my girlfriend is a huge fan (and I suspect she has a crush on David Villa)

As an Arsenal supporter you should know that you're required to loathe Barca, especially after this recent "Catalan blood" Cesc Fabregas three year saga.

And yes, I've been an Arsenal supporter since I was 8 years old... and I'm a charter member of the Orange County (CA) Gooners, officially recognized as a supporters branch by Arsenal America.

Barca is very quickly placing itself as the #2 team to despise as a Gooner, the first and most obvious being Tottenham; typically the 2nd depends on which other local supporters group among ManUre and Chelski are the most annoying or smug ('round these parts it's Chelsea, though the LA Spurs supporters group put the d in the proverbial bag).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:

I'm a suedo soccer fan, just basically rubbed off on me, and TBH kinda started with my love for FIFA and just kinda, me being a sports nut, i wanted to learn more and more about the players and teams..etc.

I've always randomly been a fan of Chelsea, Man City and Inter, just because i liked playing with them on FIFA. They were just the fastest, and i've always liked Drogba and Eto'o. I have no clue why Man City, i guess they were just one of the faster teams.

But i dont pay attention to soccer much, just cuz i can barely see any games. But i really follow the USA team more than anything, i actually was just in LA to watch the US vs. Costa Rica game, even though they unfortunately lost. Hopefully Klinnsman will help us out.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: This Ain't Bolts Talk! (Ch. 1, v. 1) Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Why would I care about Dingo? And besides... at least JDL comes to visit me in NFLN. For most of the summer, I had to come to TAST just to find you.

/heterolifematequarrel

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
charger-man wrote:

I'm a suedo soccer fan, just basically rubbed off on me, and TBH kinda started with my love for FIFA and just kinda, me being a sports nut, i wanted to learn more and more about the players and teams..etc.

I've always randomly been a fan of Chelsea, Man City and Inter, just because i liked playing with them on FIFA. They were just the fastest, and i've always liked Drogba and Eto'o. I have no clue why Man City, i guess they were just one of the faster teams.

But i dont pay attention to soccer much, just cuz i can barely see any games. But i really follow the USA team more than anything, i actually was just in LA to watch the US vs. Costa Rica game, even though they unfortunately lost. Hopefully Klinnsman will help us out.

There's really only one reason to like City... and that is this man:

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: This Ain't Bolts Talk! (Ch. 1, v. 1) Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Why would I care about Dingo? And besides... at least JDL comes to visit me in NFLN. For most of the summer, I had to come to TAST just to find you.

/heterolifematequarrel

Summer + Lockout = No NFL News = Everybody runs to TAST

We were going through a WAYTA every 5-7 days. We had to Mod that thread 24/7, so there was no escape. It was so bad, even my wife, who I saw very little of at the time, actually said "You should go visit LBC, I'm sure he misses you". I still couldn't find time to do it. Summer was a dark time for the TAST Mods.

Pepere Gustave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
charger-man wrote:

As an Arsenal supporter you should know that you're required to loathe Barca, especially after this recent "Catalan blood" Cesc Fabregas three year saga.

And yes, I've been an Arsenal supporter since I was 8 years old... and I'm a charter member of the Orange County (CA) Gooners, officially recognized as a supporters branch by Arsenal America.

Barca is very quickly placing itself as the #2 team to despise as a Gooner, the first and most obvious being Tottenham; typically the 2nd depends on which other local supporters group among ManUre and Chelski are the most annoying or smug ('round these parts it's Chelsea, though the LA Spurs supporters group put the d in the proverbial bag).

Huge soccer fan here.
I hate Arsenal & Barca, but I do admit that they play the nicest football.
My teams are PSG (Paris) & Athletic Bilbao (Spain).

Otherwise, I dont post at all in the forum, but I like reading your comments and analysis. I m very new in american football and can't watch a lot of games from Hong Kong.
So keep going guys, you are my source of information. Much better than ESPN.
kramxel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:

Being from Portugal, soccer is definitely my #1 sport...

I'm a die hard Benfica supporter (just played yesterday with ManUtd) but as a soccer fan, I watch a lot of games from different leagues...

I too have a thing for Arsenal, since the times of Ian Wright, and later Overmars and Bergkamp (probably my favourite player ever)...

Considering Barça, they are surely one of the better teams of all time, with a lot of homegrown talent, which is something unheard of this days... Xavi, Messi, Iniesta are not only top players of the last few years, but probably among of the best of the last 20+ years...

Anyways, I'm curious to see what Guardiola will do in his last season as Barça manager (has said so multiple times).... and what will he do elsewhere...

P.S: Great way to start a Bolt TAST!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
mgoblue44

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy that we got one of these going!

Stuck in lecture. Trying to type on my itouch

I am a Milan fan. Been my whole life, watch the other leagues every now an then.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramxel wrote:
charger-man wrote:

Being from Portugal, soccer is definitely my #1 sport...

I'm a die hard Benfica supporter (just played yesterday with ManUtd) but as a soccer fan, I watch a lot of games from different leagues...

I too have a thing for Arsenal, since the times of Ian Wright, and later Overmars and Bergkamp (probably my favourite player ever)...

Considering Barça, they are surely one of the better teams of all time, with a lot of homegrown talent, which is something unheard of this days... Xavi, Messi, Iniesta are not only top players of the last few years, but probably among of the best of the last 20+ years...

Anyways, I'm curious to see what Guardiola will do in his last season as Barça manager (has said so multiple times).... and what will he do elsewhere...

P.S: Great way to start a Bolt TAST!

Wait, what the hell, ur from Portugal?????

hahahahahahaha

This whole time, for some reason, i thought you were from Germany... Embarassed Laughing

But in terms of soccer, its more a case of, there's a lot of teams i do like, and alot of teams i dont like, and all the rest are just whatever. I'm not really a fan of one specific team, since i never had a "home team". I think its really a case of i find players i like, and that kinda spreads into me liking and playing with a team.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: