Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers Mock What do ya think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Packers Mock What do ya think? Reply with quote

Round 1 Brodney Pool S- Even after signing Freeman we still could use 1 or 2 safeties in the draft because we only singed Freeman for 1 year and don't know how he will turn out
Round 2 Brandon Browner CB/S- He can play corner or free safety which were weak last year, even though we drafted Carroll and Thomas last year I think you have to take Browner if he's there in the second at 6-4 he could become a superstar
Round 2 Chris Canty DE- Injuries have plagued him and I wouldn't take him at 51 but at 58 he would be a great pick up when he wasn't injured he showed he could be a good DE and the Packers need one.
Round 3 Adrian Mcpherson QB- HE was great in the AFL has a strong arm and is pretty mobile, the Packer might pass on him though because of character issues.
Round 4 Alfred Fincher LB- Packers need a linebacker in the middle and Fincher has the tools to be a good one
Round 5 Anthony Bryant DT- BIG DT ( 6-3 345) Would plug up the middle and help our run support
Round 6 Jonathon Clinkscale OG- Packers have had great success drafting linemen in the latter rounds
If the draft turned out like this I thinl the Packers would greatly improve the defense and we would get a good Quaterback after the second round
so what do you guys think?
MultiSync

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need for two safetys after the signing of freeman
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally,i think they will go linebacker in first or second unless they pick up a linebacker free agent somebody else cut but even then it's highly unlikely they wait until fourth round
packers did try to get mcpherson into the supplemental draft last year so they might be interest but i am afraid they are too interested in frye
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
duxrule

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like there may be people moving in on Kampman. If that happens, look at DE first round. IF he stays, I'll guess more along the LB route at this point.
hauschild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dux,

I agree about Kampmann. However, we'll probably match the offer sheet which brings us back to Saftey or Linebacker. I'm interested to know why you feel LB would be a bigger need than safety?

Here's a better question for you to answer. If Pollack, Davis and Crowder are all available at 24 who do you take? I would rate these players 1/2/3. If Pollack is there, we grab him and run to the bank. If he is not, but Davis is, we grab Davis and run like the Dickens to buy playoff tickets. If those 2 players are gone at 24, I'll bet we do not take Crowder.

What say you???
duxrule

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that if Pollack is there, we take him. My point is, you look at a GOOD LB, and a GOOD safety.....which one makes more TACKLES? The LB is more often put into a position to make a play on a RB, and also is put into a position to make a play on a blitz package. (Yer going to bring the OLB more often than a safety.....leaves you with, generally, more speed left in coverage)

Now, that being said, lets say GB DOES match the offer sheet. Now, do you get Pollack and play him at DE or OLB? I've seen some "experts" saying he's too small to play DE and still stop the run.

I think Davis is gone before 24.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive that if Davis, Pool, and a quality d-end are not available, we will trade with Indy and take either Crowder or Ruud at 29.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF Indy is really offering that 2 for 1 trade, yea.
Best bet is to sign Kampman, trade down, take Ruud and stockpile in round 2.
marshpit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demarcus Ware would be your best bet!
byzr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i had a stamp of approval i'd stamp it. i like the idea of taking secondary early. it's the hardest to sign in FA, this year at least with whats left, and i think Bates will be able to coach up just about anybody we draft with potential. yeah i love Browners height as well, 6'4 would be a huge target to throw over top of, anyone know what his vertical was?

i'd love to see us draft a monster LB, like Crowder but i don't think we're hurting there like we are at S and CB. signing Freeman has given us a FS more than likely since he already knows the system and had a Darren Sharper esque year in 05 and only started a handful of games.

i'm also not sold on us having massive holes on the d-lines. Grady, KGB, Kamp(match him, he's a hoss with a motor that never quits), and ever present but rarely plays up to par Hunt.

the only place i would alter is taking McPherson in the 3rd round, i'd look LB or D-line there. i think Bretts go at least 2 more years in him and if we win possibly more, what's there to indicate he doesn't, certainly not his numbers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: