Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ahmad Carroll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halfback007

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Ahmad Carroll Reply with quote

Will he work out?

I am counting on him to become a very good player this year or next year, because of Jim Bates.

Carroll is a talented player with great speed, who just needs to learn the game.
byzr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he looks great on paper man, with one exception. he's so darn short 5'10, i know he's not the shortest corner in the league but if he's got in the habit of holding it would seem to me that he may not be able to be physical with the recievers like he needs to be.

he's got all the tools i think but he is probably gonna have to be coached up quite a bit.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coach Bates has helped some great Conerbacks
Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison
Hopefully he can show some of his magic to Carroll and Thomas
nickelpete

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfback007 wrote:
Coach Bates has helped some great Conerbacks
Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison
Hopefully he can show some of his magic to Carroll and Thomas
You can't polish a turd.
Cheezy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahmad may be short byzr but so is Sam Madison: 5'11 and Patrick Surtain: 5'11 and they turned out great by good coaching done by Bates. So i dont think Ahmad will have that much trouble covering just as long as he gets rid of his darn holding problem...... Evil or Very Mad
byzr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellant point man, i didn't realize those guys were that short. that's definately a positive thing to know since both those guys did well in his system.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bates does get Carroll and the Packers Defense into the top ten in the next 3 years, he will be a god in Green Bay.

But sadly Favre may be gone.
hauschild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but Carroll is destined to be a nickel or dime back for now.

The problem is he has the potential of being a major cancer to the Packer defense. Think about it. Grady Jackson busts his hump to bring up a 3rd and 7, and what does the opposing team do? They go right at Carroll who will hold and grab when the pressure mounts.

I'll be surprised if we don't find a replacement in the draft. It wouldn't really take much to improve upon. Remember all the crap T Buck got in his first year? Just remember, he was always playing the opposing team's #1 receiver. Carroll isn't even tasked with that, yet he is probably worse than Buckley was at this stage.

I see Browner taking over next year.
Halfback007

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, Carrol can be an above average player in the NFL.
Bates can help him with that
Luv4sports69

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry, but Carroll is destined to be a nickel or dime back for now.

The problem is he has the potential of being a major cancer to the Packer defense. Think about it. Grady Jackson busts his hump to bring up a 3rd and 7, and what does the opposing team do? They go right at Carroll who will hold and grab when the pressure mounts.

I'll be surprised if we don't find a replacement in the draft. It wouldn't really take much to improve upon. Remember all the crap T Buck got in his first year? Just remember, he was always playing the opposing team's #1 receiver. Carroll isn't even tasked with that, yet he is probably worse than Buckley was at this stage.

I see Browner taking over next year.

Quote:
You can't polish a turd.

You guys give him no credit he made some good plays last year. I cant think of them off the top of my head but i remember saying to myself, thats what we need to see from Carroll. If you think about it its just as difficult for any rookie starting. But when you look at this year in particular the new bump rule just magnified his mistakes. Im sure there is an other team that had to deal with that issue. The only reason it's magnified is because hes a starter and most of the other guys are backups. So when they screw up they just take the guy off the field. Its hard to do that with one of your starters. I dont deny that the packers could use some secondary help or even some motivation for Carroll. Bower would be great.
duxrule

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. He had a couple of good weeks back to back and I think he's going to be OK. Maybe not a pro-bowler, but not as bad as what people think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: