Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DOLPHINS SCHEDULE!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: DOLPHINS SCHEDULE!!! Reply with quote

2005 Preseason Schedule
Date Opponent Time* TV
Aug. 8 Chicago Bears (Canton) 8:00 p.m. ABC
Aug. 13 at Jacksonville Jaguars 7:30 p.m. WFOR
Aug. 20 at Pittsburgh Steelers 7:30 p.m. WFOR
AUG. 27 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 7:30 P.M. WFOR
SEPT. 1 ATLANTA FALCONS 7:30 P.M. WFOR

2004 Regular Season Schedule
Date Opponent Time* TV
SEPT. 11 DENVER BRONCOS 1:00 P.M. CBS
Sept. 18 at New York Jets 4:15 p.m. CBS
SEPT. 25 CAROLINA PANTHERS 1:00 P.M. FOX
Oct. 2 Bye Weekend
OCT. 9 at Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. CBS
Oct. 16 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 p.m. CBS
OCT. 23 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 1:00 P.M. CBS
Oct. 30 at New Orleans Saints 1:00 p.m. CBS
NOV. 6 ATLANTA FALCONS 1:00 P.M. FOX
NOV. 13 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1:00 P.M. CBS
Nov. 20 at Cleveland Browns 1:00 p.m. CBS
Nov. 27 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m. CBS
DEC. 4 BUFFALO BILLS 1:00 P.M. CBS
Dec. 11 at San Diego Chargers 4:15 p.m. CBS
DEC. 18 NEW YORK JETS 1:00 P.M. CBS
DEC. 24 TENNESSEE TITANS 1:00 P.M. CBS
Jan. 1 at New England Patriots 1:00 p.m. CBS

*All games are Eastern Time.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice game placements for us...excluding the Pats away game on Jan. 1. That means we'll play in Foxboro in winter, meaning it will likely be snowing. Snowing, Foxboro, Dolphins, and Patriots arent a good mix for us. But that will likely be our only game in the snow...

The Broncos game should be interesting. Our line gets a bit of a break here going against Pryce and the Brown castaways. Our defense usually does great against inconsistent QBs so we could force plummer to mess up. I thinkwe could win that game, which would be nice. No primetime though...that really bummed me out. We usuallyu get 2-5, not 0. We do have one Saturday game, against the Titans, which is interesting, because we played Sat against them last year also...

The one game that we don't really have a chance inn offensively is the Panthers game. No way we can survive against that DL...So, if anyone is interested, I probably will sell my tickets to that game.
alexdolphin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accord to NFL Total Access we have the hardest schedule. SIX playoff teams from last years we have to face. Its just part of living in the AFC East, easily the NFL's best division.
Looking at the schedule we dont have it all that bad. I expect to go about .500. We play at buffalo early and they come to miami late in the year, same with the jets. We also play late season games in warm climates like San Diego and Oakland. We play teams that were good last year, but I'm pleased with which games we have home and which ones are away. The only disappointment is no Primetimes games. I guess thats the result of 4-12 season.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO NIGHT GAMES!!!! That sucks. I love MNF. Oh well, guess thats what you get when you go 4-12. But still....we put on a heck of a show last year against NE. We should've got at least one game.
We gotta play in NE on Jan 1. That should be interesting.
FF Member #1000
alexdolphin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
NO NIGHT GAMES!!!! That sucks. I love MNF. Oh well, guess thats what you get when you go 4-12. But still....we put on a heck of a show last year against NE. We should've got at least one game.
We gotta play in NE on Jan 1. That should be interesting.

Agree. No 4-12 team deserves it. But Dallas earned their four games with a 6-10 record, thats Ridiculous.
buttaonaroll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking at the schedule...........hmnn, i see a 12-4. We flip it around an make a run for it, whos commin with us?
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I am the only one who feels this way, but I see about 10 or 11 losses this season. Am I wrong?
JCool333

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to think the AFC East was the best division, but stopped this offseason. The Bills are relying on an unproven QB and kelly Holcomb. Their D is good but not great.

The Jets lost Lamont Jordan, Kareem McKenzie, Santana Moss, Sam Cowart, and Anthony Becht this offseason and got Derrick Blaylock and Laverneous Coles and Derrick Blaylock in return. If C-Mart's input begins to drop this year, the Jets might be a top 10 pick next year.

The Pats are still great but they lost Law, Brown, Bruschi, Phifer, Andruzzi, and one more guy who I forgot. They got Duane Starks and david Terrell in return. They essentially got significantly worse at CB, OL, and LB, and a little worse at WR and ST. They should lose about 5 games this yearbecause of the offseason losses.

We are great but 500 or a little better is our goal basically, so we will likely end up anyhwere from 5-11 to 8-8. The Bills will likely be 808 and the Jets will likely be 6-10 or so. I think that the pats will get 12 wins, but that num ber could easily turn to 10 or 14.

EEither way, the AFC South, with the Colts, and rising Texans and Jags is the best IMO. The Colts are already a 12 win team while the Texans and jags are 9-7 and 8-8 last year. they should both be playoff contedners thhis year and i would expect both to be 9-7 or better.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO...the jets may be the suprise of the AFC East. I think the Patriots may go 10-6 or 9-7 next season. Jets will be a little better. Bills will end up around or below .500.
I think as of right now, we will be 7-9 or 8-8.
I think we will lose games to Raiders, Chargers, Falcons, Patsies, Jets. Possible losses to Chiefs, Panthers, Broncos. Don't know how many losses or wins to jets and patsies, but i'd say we lose the last game of the season when its 70 below zero.

Ok, in week 14 they have Saints at Falcons, but they didn't want to show Fins @ Chargers? c'mon now...
FF Member #1000
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets in week 2 is the one that interests me most. If Chad isnt back from his shoulder surgery in time we could be seeing a Feilder vs. Feeley show down!

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
PhinsPhansUnite!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: DOLPHINS SCHEDULE!!! Reply with quote

Opponent
DENVER BRONCOS W
at New York Jets L
CAROLINA PANTHERS L
Bye
at Buffalo Bills L
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers L
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS L
at New Orleans Saints W
ATLANTA FALCONS L
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS L
at Cleveland Browns W
at Oakland Raiders L
BUFFALO BILLS W
at San Diego Chargers L
NEW YORK JETS W
TENNESSEE TITANS W
at New England Patriots L

realistically, assuming we split with NYJ and BUF and sneak in wins at NO and then home against DEN and TENN, i cant expect to get to 8-8. i refuse to get my expectations too high after last season.
dolphin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY PREDICT THE AMOUNT OF WINS & LOSES WERE GOING TO HAVE. WE STILL HAVE THE DRAFT AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHO WILL BE HEALTHY IN A WEEK TO WEEK BASIS. I SAY WE SHOULD PREDICT WINS AND LOSES BEFORE THE PRESEAON ENDS!!!
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expectations on Miami's 2005 season.

DENVER BRONCOS - Win -- After training at Mile High for 6 weeks, the Broncos D-Line start the season in the soup kitchen that is Miami @ Labor Day

at New York Jets - Loss -- The Jets have historically been slow starters under Herm Edwards, but they'll actually have a healthy Pennington when they face a Dolphins team still trying to find out what it's doing under Saban

CAROLINA PANTHERS - Loss -- Carolina was the hottest team in the league over the last 8 weeks of the 2004 season. This year they start the season with a relatively intact offensive line and ought to come out of the gate smoking.

at Buffalo Bills - Win -- In a game that will redefine the concept of UGLY football, the Dolphins will harass Losman all day.

at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Loss -- Not sure why I think that we'll lose this game because the Bucs haven't impressed me for a while. But I think that Gruden's offense will be better than our defense and I think that Monte Kiffin's defense might be able to hold our offense in check.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - Win -- Until KC actually shows me that they are serious about rebuilding their defense (which includes trading their 2nd round pick for Pat Surtain), I won't believe it. Miami will leave tire tracks on the Chiefs defenders.

at New Orleans Saints - Win -- It's a streak! New Orleans runs an agressive defense built on speed and Miami's offense is aggressive built on strong. Miami wins.

ATLANTA FALCONS - Loss -- The first real test of Miami's new defense will be containing Michael Vick. Regardless of the outcome, the Dolphins will learn a lot about themselves as a result of this game.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - Loss -- Belichick vs. Saban, take 1. Belichick will bring the better team into south Florida but Saban's team will exploit the defending champs' biggest weakness: their vulnerability to the vertical passing game.

at Cleveland Browns - Win -- The Browns won't roll over and die like we think they should but they really won't be all that good either. A big test for the run defense, that's for sure.

at Oakland Raiders - Loss -- But it will be a close game. These teams ought to match up well against one another, but history is not on the side of East Coast teams playing on the West Coast.

BUFFALO BILLS - Win -- I think the Dolphins' defense will still be better than Buffalo's offense, but the big question

at San Diego Chargers - Loss -- I think that the Chargers are for real and will make a push deep into the playoffs this year.

NEW YORK JETS - Loss -- Another tight game. Barring the injuries, Miami will be playing their best football now. However, I think that they'll still not have the talent that they need to compete with some team though.

TENNESSEE TITANS - Win -- At this point in the season, McNair will be hurt and the Titans offense will again rest on the shoulder of Billy Volek. However, Miami's pass defense ought to be more than up to the challenge.

at New England Patriots - Loss -- If for no other reason than the fact that the Patriots have won all their last four regular season finales.
FF Member #1031
JCool333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: DOLPHINS SCHEDULE!!! Reply with quote

PhinsPhansUnite! wrote:
Opponent
DENVER BRONCOS W
at New York Jets L
CAROLINA PANTHERS L
Bye
at Buffalo Bills L
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers L
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS L
at New Orleans Saints W
ATLANTA FALCONS L
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS L
at Cleveland Browns W
at Oakland Raiders L
BUFFALO BILLS W
at San Diego Chargers L
NEW YORK JETS W
TENNESSEE TITANS W
at New England Patriots L

realistically, assuming we split with NYJ and BUF and sneak in wins at NO and then home against DEN and TENN, i cant expect to get to 8-8. i refuse to get my expectations too high after last season.

I totally disagree here. The Jets are a bad team nnow without McKenzie,, Becht, Jordan, Moss, and Cowart. They dint get much better att WR with coles, possibly worse...They got way nworse at RB as Blaylock cant step in and start well if Martin goes down or starts to play his age. i think we could get both against them... We will, however likely lose a few easy games as we do every year, and we will upset a team or two.

I think we beat the Bills and Chiefs though, as this would just be Losmans third start, and the Chiefs have a bad offense if Hollmes' injury lasts...
PhinsPhansUnite!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: DOLPHINS SCHEDULE!!! Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:

I totally disagree here. The Jets are a bad team nnow without McKenzie,, Becht, Jordan, Moss, and Cowart. They dint get much better att WR with coles, possibly worse...They got way nworse at RB as Blaylock cant step in and start well if Martin goes down or starts to play his age. i think we could get both against them... We will, however likely lose a few easy games as we do every year, and we will upset a team or two.

I think we beat the Bills and Chiefs though, as this would just be Losmans third start, and the Chiefs have a bad offense if Hollmes' injury lasts...

like dolphin said, its too hard to tell this early (and before the draft). i doubt we will have any clue by the end of the preseason either. too many players are being held out of games to avoid injuries. those games are relatively meaningless.

after preist went down last year, KCC scored 20, 19, 31, 34, 49, 45, 30, and 17. AND they won more games after he went down (week 9)...

so, if we say that NYJ isnt as good and we should win both games, yet usually do lose a game or two that we arent supposed to (one being the jets perhaps), then we are back to a possible split again. maybe you really DONT disagree... Wink we could and should win both BUF games also with JP at the helm.

all i am saying is that we never seem to win ALL the games that we should

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: