Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can't wait for Cleveland! But only 1 prime time game, c'mon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cincinnati Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Can't wait for Cleveland! But only 1 prime time game, c'mon! Reply with quote

I know Cleveland fans say that Savage won't pick a QB, but there is some part of me hoping that they do pick Smith or Rodgers, Dilfer gets dinged up in the preseason, and the rookie is forced to start against the Stripes improved D. We might look like an NFL-caliber defense if that happens. Here's to the Bengals, 1-0.

As for the primetime issue, I am completed disappointed in the NFL. Not only does our offense rank in the top 6 in the league IMO, but we showed last year, that Primetime in Cincinnati is a great atmosphere for football. What a joke! Oh well, we'll just have to beat up on the Jags to show 'em. But please turn down the volume on Theisman and listen to BJ and Lap.

"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." -ERIC CANTONA
sodikart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree why do the packers get so many sunday/monday night. I can understand the Steelers maybe getting the 4 they got but maybe i guess they are thinking this is Farves last year. Why when we play them can't we get a Sunday/Monday nite game? I think we proved last year that we can play during primetime and i believe we should get more than JUST 1 game to play in "primetime". Does anyone else agree?
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point in time, i just want to watch some football. I don't care what time of day it is. Besides, 1:00 games are easier to watch than 9:00 games. From a fans perspective, i understand where all the frustrations coming from. I want the Bengals to get publicity as much as the next fan, but that's life. We'll just have to get the publicity when we make the playoffs, then we'll be on national television.
skopi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One problem is that the Miami game was the lowest rated game of the year on MNF. Another is that Cincinnati is a small market.

I am not sure why they gave the Saints the primetime games near the end of the year, though.

And frankly, Pittsburgh's games may be a disadvantage for them. They go to San Diego then get a short week to prepare for Jacksonville who will be solid. Later they get Baltimore which will be a slugfest and then they go to Green Bay in that short week. For their third one, they go to Indy and then have to play Cincy. (and we played them close last year).

I am pleased we go to Cleveland the first week. That has been our weakness but this year they will be adjusting to a new coach and new QB. That has to help. Then playing Minnesota the second week is good because they are adjusting to life without Moss and with a lot of new defensive players. I think Minn will end up being good but it may take some time.

I would be disappointed if we aren't at least 3-1 to start the year but could see 4-0.

sko
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I BLEED ORANGE AND BLACK!!!!!
GO BENGALS!!!!!
IN MARVIN WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: