Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible Redskins & Panthers Draft Day TRADE...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peppers90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Possible Redskins & Panthers Draft Day TRADE... Reply with quote

now I have no link to it..and we will never know forsure about these things till draft day..but I'm hearing and seeing things that could make where the Panthers trade the #14 overall pick, 3rd, 6th round pick to the Redskins for the #9 overall pick this is all depending on if Derrick Johnson is there at #9 if so the Panthers trade up ahead of the Lions and snag DJ...

The Redskins with there major needs being DE & CB and maybe WR.... 14 will be a place where you can still get either Carlos Rogers or Pac-man Jones or Erasmus James, Marcus Spears or WR in Williamson or Clayton..and get some extra picks out of the deal...

The Panthers have not came out and said it..but have been working out guys like DJ, Rolle, Barron ALL guys that seem to be almost certain not to be there at 14...and also have been reports them saying with the Panthers roster being stocked with alot of young talent already in place they could use some mid-late round picks to trade up and get a player they really want and they seem to be enamered with Derrick Johnson..

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see DJ falling to the #9 spot, which would present the perfect opportunity for the Skins to trade down. The trade with the Panthers could be very likely if DJ drops.
e16bball

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...if Mike Williams is gone, which seems likely, I have no problem with this move. Of course, it depends on what we would get in return, but clearly I would do it for the 14 and the second rounder. Of course, I would only do it if we felt certain that either Rogers, Pac-Man, or Merriman was going to be there. I would really like to leave this draft with one out of Braylon, MW, Merriman, Rolle, Rogers, or Pac-Man, in that order.
Peppers90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the Panthers would trade there 2nd rounder to go up those 5 spots..b/c we also would wanna start adding a OG/OT with our 2nd rounder being Elton Brown or Marcus Johnson or even Chris Spencer at center with our 2nd round pick..so I don't really see us trading our 2nd rounder..

at 14 with ya'll trading down...Carlos Rogers or Pac-Man Jones will def. be there at 14...I don't think Merriman will be there..b/c I still see him going #3 overall..also with ya'll trading down I think Williamson will almost def be there at 14 and Mark Clayton becomes a possible pick for you guys at 14 too..

I dunno ya'lls feelings on all the DE's..but more and likey Erasmus James will be there too unless the Lions get him..

also Heath Miller will be there also if thats the route ya'll wanna go..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems like a good trade, but I really would like for the Redskins to get into the second round. If the Redskins can't get a 1st and second round pick, via trading down, then I say they stay at number nine and select Merriman, if he's available.
inkwell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, according to the draft charts I have seen, the difference between the 9th pick and the 16th pick is 350 which would be made up by a 2nd rounder (the 55th pick overall) or by a 3rd and 4th pick. Not saying these value charts are accurate but throw it out here for discussions sake.
Peppers90

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood..but we have the 14 and 45 picks...and when I added all this up to make sure it was close to the "value" charts and it was within 20 points...

BTW when you look back at trades...those charts rarely equal out they always are around the neiborhood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trade could definately benefit both teams, I like it, even for the 3rd rounder. I agree that 1 or 2 of Rogers, Jones or Merriman, Spears, James should still be available with the 14th.

Maybe they could throw Rod Gardner in the mix to get the 2nd instead of the 3rd rounder?
riggensghost

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the trade but if the redskins do decide to trade down, they really need to make one to two drops in the first to the very early twenties, make sure and pick up a second (and a thrid if they drop twice) Work Gardner for whatever we can get for him, then use the picks to fill holes.

I am comfortable taking the best CB at 9, prefer Rolle, or Merriman but I am not apposed to trading down. Wish we had our second rounder, we could really land someone decent at 9th in the second.
taylor #36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we should go with this trade if possible, we could pick up Heath Miller, Carlos Rogers, or Pac-Man cause i know he'll still be around. Concerning trading Gardner I think if we can't get a quality player in the draft for him then don't trade him. Because with this trade with the panthers (or anyother team) and the a trade for Gardner that would give the skins 3 3rd rounders, which we could use but don't really need. I say keep Gardner becuase he is a big WR that already knows the offense, and without him we would be starting two new WR that would have to learn Ramseys arm strength. Which Moss doesn't seem to want to put the time into learning. The only reason i want to get rid of Gardner is the cap room that would be freed up
redskins4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm looking at only Mike Williams at the #9 spot. Antrell Rolle is a stretch, and I wouldn't give up a #9 for him anyway. But if Gibbs take Rolle at 9, I'll shut up because I know he'll produce. I rather trade down for a different cornerback (Rogers or Washingtono) at a lower round and pick up a 2nd rounder to draft Matt Jones. I still like Pollack or Dan Cody, I believe we can get Dan Cody with a 2nd rounder in a trade for Garnder. This would be a good draft if the plan goes this way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: