Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trevor Pryce stays a Bronco!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Trevor Pryce stays a Bronco!! Reply with quote

it looks like he did restructure. heres the site. http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~86~2800957,00.html
maybe all Brown, Warren, and ekuban needed was a leader on the line. well they got it now in pryce.
The_Jester

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news. Excellent news. Think he'll play inside in the 4-3? That may be the way to get the best four linemen on the field.

This does clear up the draft picture a bit. A lot of the mocks now have Denver taking CB Justin Miller. Makes sense. Still like Pool, though, but GB may be looking at him too.
GWilhite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! If Courtney Brown can stay healthy on one end and Trevor can stay healthy on the other end our D-line will be great. I like Justin Miller for our first round pick now (if Carlos Rogers doesn't fall to the 25th pick).
Pandaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic News! Releasing Trevor and losing him, quite possibly to a division rival, would have been devestating. Apparently Trevor is healthy, refreshed, and highly motivated for a pro bowl season. This will definitely help the defensive line to gel sooner and improve its overall effectiveness.

You guys are spot on about targeting a defensive back in the 1st. Justin Miller is my pick because of his ability to return punts. It was Luke's job to win and he couldn't do it. Maybe just rookie jitters, but I don't like risking Rod Smith back there. Miller would added needed depth, fill in right away as the nickel back and would likely push Walls for the starting corner job at some point in the future.

Brodney Pool would also be a great pick. Some folks have commented that Lynch is a free safety. But in my view he and Kennedy are each better suited to play strong safety. Both are quasi linebackers. We need a ball hawking center fielder type to complement Lynch.

Another possiblity is trading down and taking a replacement guard for Neil. Carlisle is valuable as a versatile back up, but I'm not sure he is ideal as a starter. Possibilities would be David Basse and Elton Brown. I also really like Evan Mathis but not until later rounds.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can't put trevor on the inside. he's so good on the end. definately a top 10 end in the league when healthy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: