Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos First Pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aceyalone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Broncos First Pick Reply with quote

I am Sure that if none of the d-lineman are left that the broncos want (i.e. shaun cody, marcus spears, etc) they will take..YES Fabian Washington in the FIRST ROUND... think about it... they traded clinton portis for champ bailey because the secondary got burned against indy in 2003-04 season... but this season 2004-05 THEY GOT BURNED EVEN MORE BADLY.. and they just lost there starting cornerback Kelly Herndon, and even if they have Lenny Walls they still need a good young corner to past INDY this year in the playoffs and.. oh they take Washington with 4.28 speed in the 40.. i AM CONVINCED that if Washington is on the board the Broncos will draft him.. think about it, Denver never talked about taking D.J. Williams, and look what DJ did for Denver this season.. monster rookie season leading the team in tackles in front of the Wilson.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Namy5280

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Denver does take a CB, I don't want it to be Fabian Washington. He's fast and all, but I'm not too high on him. I think that the mid-first pick might be a little too high for Washington, but you're suggestion is a plausible outcome. However, if we do get a CB, I would prefer us trading up a couple of spots by to obtain Carlos Rogers. He's physical, has modest size and speed, and pretty good coverage skills against "tough" competition so to speak.
aceyalone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Namy5280 wrote:
If Denver does take a CB, I don't want it to be Fabian Washington. He's fast and all, but I'm not too high on him. I think that the mid-first pick might be a little too high for Washington, but you're suggestion is a plausible outcome. However, if we do get a CB, I would prefer us trading up a couple of spots by to obtain Carlos Rogers. He's physical, has modest size and speed, and pretty good coverage skills against "tough" competition so to speak.

I totally agree and also believe Rogers is the 2nd best corner in the draft right under Antrel Rolle.. but i don't believe broncos have enough draft picks to trade up.. and if they do indeed trade trevor pryce and their draft choice to move up.. they should try and get Rolle if hes there first.. but if they stick with the 25th pick i really see the broncos taking them.. i don't know why but gut feeling..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Jester

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I want Braylon Edwards. He'd fit nicely, I think. But . . . I think the Broncos are now positioned to take the best available defensive player. And they HAVE TO BE looking for playmakers; until Denver starts winning the turnover battles, they're going nowhere, no matter how few yards they allow. So, what does that leave? CB? DE? FS, maybe? (How many good years has Lynch got left? How good could Brodney Pool be with a year of grooming under Lynch?) I know, I know, Denver needs someone NOW. Who's available at 25 who'll make an immediate impact? Is there a better CB than Walls? That seems to leave DE, unless Pryce or Douglas sign. (The more I write, the more I'm convinced that I have no idea what I'm talking about, and that no one can possibly predict what Shanahan is going to do. He'll probably take a RB).
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd only be upset if we picked A)a running back, B)a linebacker or C)a tight end, now that we have 2 decent starters.

it goes without saying that i'd still be pissed with a K or P, or a guard or center just because those positions aren't playmakers.
aceyalone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey do you guys think if in he 2nd round Ciatrick Fason falls into our pick.. that the broncos will pick him?? Shanahan has a tendacy to pick jewels of RB's in the second round i can see Fason be a nice change of pace back to Tatum Bell.... any thoughts?? i would love to see Bell and Fason take control over the RB duties for the Broncos next season...
Pandaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't pass on Fason if he fell to us in the 2nd round, but I'm pretty confident he will be off the board by then.
GWilhite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Pryce's restructured deal I agree with most of you on the 1st rounder being a CB. The only difference being I would go for Justin Miller (if Carlos Rogers is gone). I like his toughness and the fact that he is a good PR/KR guy, something that Denver has been lacking for a long time.
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Washington would be a great fit. Washington is severely underrated. Iv'e seen him play in person and on TV. He has excellent make up speed and quickness. You won't see Moss out running unless he sells his route on him or jump over him. But even that is hard to considering he has a 41 inch vert. Yes he is only 5'10 190lbs but he is still a great CB and he can tackle. His only down fall is his height and urge to allways make the int. But he can wrap up and bring guys down which is a big plus. This is how my CBs rank:
Rogers
Rolle
Washington
Jones
Webster
Jackson
Miller
McFadden
Browner
OrangeCrush

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thr Broncos are gonna take one of three players regardless of who is there . It will eaither be Brodney Poole Oaklahoma, Thomas Davis Gerogia or Carlos Rodgers Auburn. If the get one of them they will be the top D in the NFL.
Peetus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OrangeCrush wrote:
Thr Broncos are gonna take one of three players regardless of who is there . It will eaither be Brodney Poole Oaklahoma, Thomas Davis Gerogia or Carlos Rodgers Auburn. If the get one of them they will be the top D in the NFL.

There is a decent chance that none of those players will still be there when the Broncos pick unless they trade up.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no chance rogers or davis is there, but i think pool could be our pick. personally, i hope we go with someone like justin miller in round one and maybe bullocks or shazor in the 2nd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: