Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 - NFC West - Info Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: 2012 - NFC West - Info Thread Reply with quote

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2015683835_nfc_west_co-op_2.html

quick links to each NFCW team overview...

Last edited by oldman9er on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams DE Hall expected to put Quinn under wing

Quote:
"They will not expose Quinn on run downs, but I see him playing right end in most passing situations — which would get him on the field 50-60 percent of the time — with Hall sliding inside," one daily team observer said. " 'Spags' (head coach Steve Spagnuolo) loves having as many disruptive ends on the field as possible. That was his claim to fame with the Giants." As for Hall, while he shows no real signs of slowing down after registering two sacks in three different games last season, he did turn 34 in early February and figures to benefit from a bit more judicious usage with Quinn on board.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/story/permalink/24237

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinals RB Wright retires

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/07/19/cardinals-rb-wright-retires

Quote:
The biggest loss for the Cardinals might be in their locker room. Wright was a respected veteran leader on the team and could be missed by a roster filled with young players. The team is deep at running back, however, which is likely a reason why Wright made the choice to move on and start a career outside of football.

Cardinals would be much better off with Orton than Kolb

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/07/11/cardinals-would-be-much-better-off-with-orton-than

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commish for a day: Wake up, smell the bias

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/40319/commish-for-a-day-wake-up-smell-the-bias

Quote:
NFC West teams have repeatedly asked the league to give them 1 p.m. PT kickoffs for games they play in the Eastern time zone. West Coast players naturally have a harder time when forced to wake up at 5 or 6 a.m. PT on game days. The league took action quickly when the Patriots complained about playing two games on the West Coast in succession several years ago. Owners voted to change the scheduling rotation so that Eastern teams drawing Western divisions in the rotation would not visit SD and Oakland or Seattle and SF in the same season. Meanwhile, the Cardinals are scheduled to play six road games this season at 10 or 11 a.m. Phoenix time. The 49ers and Seahawks each play five road games kicking off at 10 a.m. PT.

"We need to come together as a group of West Coast teams," San Francisco 49ers president Jed York said back in 2009.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure some or all of you have heard the rumors of Kolb (from now on Kold) to the sissy birds, of the red variety. It is rumored to be DRC for Kold, and since I have a very low opinion of Kold I would not mind seeing that at all.

Now to the bias that Oldman pointed out, I do not so much mind having 10am games but when the commish will accommodate one teams coast to coast request and not listen to 5 others teams request.... well it makes me think he is just a bloated load of horse poo.

What I really want to see is that the Hawks lose Mabene (I know I spelled it wrong) and for the Cards to overpay for Kold. I am not sure what sort of justice I wish to befall the Rams--Maybe they can keep Bradford on the Alex Smith development path for QBs as in a new OC every season.

Thanks y2 for the sig - and it has nothing to do with the trash who wore number 32 (I had to look it up, he will stay unnamed).
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burlow wrote:
I am sure some or all of you have heard the rumors of Kolb (from now on Kold) to the sissy birds, of the red variety. It is rumored to be DRC for Kold, and since I have a very low opinion of Kold I would not mind seeing that at all.

Now to the bias that Oldman pointed out, I do not so much mind having 10am games but when the commish will accommodate one teams coast to coast request and not listen to 5 others teams request.... well it makes me think he is just a bloated load of horse poo.

What I really want to see is that the Hawks lose Mabene (I know I spelled it wrong) and for the Cards to overpay for Kold. I am not sure what sort of justice I wish to befall the Rams--Maybe they can keep Bradford on the Alex Smith development path for QBs as in a new OC every season.

Or we could just improve so much as to WIN the division, as opposed to have others lose it for us to get in, like the seahawks did last year. I do wish Bradford and the Rams become a good team, and the Cards improve (or return to their superbowl run glory, however ephemeral) and the Seahawks get better... it would be great if the division improved and we still came out on top. Iron sharpens iron, right? Well, we've been a stick of butter trying to sharpen ourselves on other sticks of butter. We play these teams 6 times a year! I want to compete with the best. I think Harbaugh can get us coming out on top anyway. Best coach in the division (I hope). Best TE in the division. Arguably one of the best RB in the league. I'm holding hope for one of the best young offensive line to improve together. A few great players on defense that always give us a chance to win. Bring it on!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
burlow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
burlow wrote:

Or we could just improve so much as to WIN the division, as opposed to have others lose it for us to get in, like the seahawks did last year. I do wish Bradford and the Rams become a good team, and the Cards improve (or return to their superbowl run glory, however ephemeral) and the Seahawks get better... it would be great if the division improved and we still came out on top. Iron sharpens iron, right? Well, we've been a stick of butter trying to sharpen ourselves on other sticks of butter. We play these teams 6 times a year! I want to compete with the best. I think Harbaugh can get us coming out on top anyway. Best coach in the division (I hope). Best TE in the division. Arguably one of the best RB in the league. I'm holding hope for one of the best young offensive line to improve together. A few great players on defense that always give us a chance to win. Bring it on!

I am in agreement with you about wanting to beat the other teams, not win the division by default. Is our ILB Patrick Willis not good enough for you to mention in your post? Laughing I tease, I tease.

Thanks y2 for the sig - and it has nothing to do with the trash who wore number 32 (I had to look it up, he will stay unnamed).
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burlow wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
burlow wrote:

I am in agreement with you about wanting to beat the other teams, not win the division by default. Is our ILB Patrick Willis not good enough for you to mention in your post? Laughing I tease, I tease.

"great players on defense that always give us a chance to win."

That was referring to Patrick Willis and Justin Smith.

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
burlow wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
burlow wrote:

Way to shaft Andy Lee and Jennings.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
burlow wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
burlow wrote:

Way to shaft Andy Lee and Jennings.

Dude... special team players are like that special cousin we all have... he's cute the first 6 or 7 times he runs into a wall, but we're all glad when he's finally asleep. The less we see of them, the better we are! Wink

oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cardinals NT Dan Williams is out of shape.

The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers says Williams' condition has come as a "huge disappointment" to Cardinals coaches. Troubling news after Williams struggled with his conditioning for much of his rookie season last year, at one point being a healthy scratch because he was overweight. He's still likely to start over Nick Eason at nose tackle in Week 1.

Source: Arizona Republic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
Cardinals NT Dan Williams is out of shape.

The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers says Williams' condition has come as a "huge disappointment" to Cardinals coaches. Troubling news after Williams struggled with his conditioning for much of his rookie season last year, at one point being a healthy scratch because he was overweight. He's still likely to start over Nick Eason at nose tackle in Week 1.

Source: Arizona Republic

Laughing

Haynesworth 2.0

-kiltman
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fifth-round choice Anthony Sherman came advertised as the best fullback in the 2011 draft. It's tough to argue with that assessment after watching Sherman early in camp. He was popping people left and right. Sherman also projects as an outstanding special-teams player Sad

Quote:
The Cardinals plan to announce Monday whether Adrian Wilson will require surgery following a Saturday injury to his elbow/biceps area. Wilson will miss time even if surgery isn't necessary.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/42375/camp-confidential-arizona-cardinals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction of the NFC West, ready for the wild and crazy ride into my brain??

Standings

1. 49ers: 10-6
2. Rams: 9-7
3. Seahawks: 6-10
4. Cardinals: 5-11

Niners make it to the playoffs after going on a hot streak down the stetch of the end of the season. Takes their hot streak into the playoffs to be the 4th seed.

NFC Playoff seeding

1. Packers: 13-3
2. Falcons: 12-4
3. Eagles: 10-6
4. 49ers: 10-6
5. Saints: 9-7
Everyone ready for this!??!?!?!.........
6. Lions: 9-7 Oh yea baby, I believe

49ers v. saints and beat them! I think the Saints are good enough to make it to the playoffs but I'm just not feeling it for the saints this year and of course, our niners will be rolling into the playoffs with a hot streak Dancing

Eagles win their game. We play the Packers and the Eagles play the falcons. Packers and Falcons win, Falcons make it to the Superbowl. Bank it! Wink

I'm ready for the criticism, dont be too harsh now
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Following Thursday's preseason opener, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll hinted that LT Russell Okung indeed has another high left ankle sprain.

"It's in that area," Carroll acknowledged. The Seahawks are familiar with Okung's high ankle sprains because he suffered one on each leg last season, the more serious to Okung's left side. It's the same ankle he injured tonight. Week 1 is still a full month away, but these can be 4-6 week injuries. It's a big concern for an offense that looked totally out of sync Thursday night.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: