Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No MONDAY NIGHTER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinsrule13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: No MONDAY NIGHTER Reply with quote

What I am really upset about is that we dont have a monday night game. I dont understand why the Pats, Colts, Steelers, Falcons, Packers and Eagles all get three monday night games, but we get none. Last year was our first losing season in a long time, but we have always put up a good fight. Just look at the patriots game of last year that was one of the best monday night games of last year. Excluding that, I think our schedule is better than years past when looking at the cold weather games given to us. Which is funny because we finally only have 1 really cold weather games, and we probable wont be in playoff contention. All the years when we had a great team with a chance at a superbowl run they gave us a tough schedule with 3 out of 4 of our last games being cold weather games. It really hurt us and now they finally give us an easy schedule in that sense and we suck. Mad
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two thoughts about this.

1) Bill Parcells used to say that his ideal schedule was to play every game on Sunday afternoon at 1 PM ET. That way every element of preparation during every week of the season would follow the same schedule. Apparently Bill didn't think that some of his players were bright enough to handle any kind of deviation.

2) What this schedule makes me curious about is the future of MNF on ABC. If you look back, the Dolphins have always seemed to manage a Monday night home game in December. It's practically been automatic. At first, I chalked it up to the fact that they were a good team but when you look at how many years the Dolphins have had a home game on MNF in December it ceases to look like coincidence and starts to look like some network exec has had a hand in the scheduling. I'm guessing that MNF as we know it might be changing and this could be an early precursor.
FF Member #1031
Dolphinsrule13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason why I am upset is because I love wacthing the dolphins on monday night.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't everyone love MNF? its what makes mondays easier to take. No MNF Dolphins parties this year... Sad
FF Member #1000
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, that while I'll miss the Monday nighters, I think its best for Miami. Along the lines of what Parcells was saying about structure, there is another bonus. You have no short weeks. Having one less day for the body to heal the week after Monday night has got to negatively impact performance.

Best news on the schedule is only two possible cold weather games from what I can tell- at Cleveland, Nov. 20th, and last game of the season in New England.

Worst thing is two cross coutry trips seperated by a home game in Buffalo. That's at Oakland Nov. 27th and then Buffalo at home and back to West Coast for San Diego on Dec. 11th. The cross country stuff can be tough.

All in all, a tough but good schedule.

I CANT WAIT!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: