Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Schedule is out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: The Schedule is out Reply with quote

Preseason
Aug. 12 NEW ENGLAND 7:30 p.m.
Aug. 19 at Washington 8:00 p.m.
Aug. 26 at Philadelphia 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 2 INDIANAPOLIS 7:30 p.m.

Regular Season
Sept. 11 at Cleveland 1:00
Sept. 18 MINNESOTA 1:00
Sept. 25 at Chicago 1:00
Oct. 2 HOUSTON 1:00
Oct. 9 at Jacksonville 8:30 ***Sunday Night
Oct. 16 at Tennessee 1:00
Oct. 23 PITTSBURGH 1:00
Oct. 30 GREEN BAY 1:00
Nov. 6 at Baltimore 1:00
Nov. 20 INDIANAPOLIS 1:00
Nov. 27 BALTIMORE 1:00
Dec. 4 at Pittsburgh 1:00
Dec. 11 CLEVELAND 1:00
Dec. 18 at Detroit 4:05
Dec. 24 BUFFALO 1:00 ***Saturday Game
Jan. 1 at Kansas City 1:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one primetime game. Ah, well, the Bengals will show them all that they are missing out on some entertaining football this year. An explosive offense with emerging stars in Chad Johnson, Carson Palmer, and Rudi Johnson. If the defense can put it together, they are going to win a lot of entertainihng games this year.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
starkesn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this schedule is about as good as we could hope. While Monday and Sunday night games are great and fun, they are not important to the team winning. Last year, we did great on Monday and Sunday night games and put up great ratings, and responded by losing the very next games against Baltimore and Tennessee. I think not having those games will turn out better for us. Also, we have a very favorable early schedule. Opening against the Browns, Vikings, Chicago, Houston, and Jacksonville, we could flip that 1-4 from last season to 4-1. We also play our away division games early and get the home ones later in the season. We also get a break in week 10 to study up and get ready for Indianapollis to come to town. That might be the difference between having a chance against them and getting blown away. Overall, the only games that worry me are Minnesota, Tennessee, and Kansas City. Minnesota has been a great team in the first 6 games of the last few years. We get Tennessee after a prime time game just like last year. We lost last year, hope it doesn't happen twice. We get Kansas City on the last day of the year. That could be a nail bitter. It will be cold, windy, and the fans get crazy out there. They could need to win that game to get in the playoffs and could be extra motivated from the game two years ago. Just something to think about. Here's my early prediction.

Cleveland= W
Minnesota= W
Chicago= W
Houston= L
Jacksonville= W
Tennessee= W
Pittsburgh= W
Green Bay= W
Baltimore= L
Indianapollis= L
Baltimore= W
Pittsburgh= W
Cleveland= W
Detroit= L
Buffalo= W
Kansas City= L

Overall=
Bengals= 11-5 Division Champs
Baltimore= 10-6 Wild Card
Pittsburgh= 8-8
Cleveland= 2-14

Playoffs=

1.Indianapollis= 13-3
2.New England= 11-5
3.Cincinnati= 11-5
4.San Diego= 10-6
5.Jacksonville= 10-6
6.Baltimore= 10-6

Wild Card=

San Diego v. Jacksonville= San Diego
Cincinnati v. Baltimore= Cincinnati

New England v. Cincinnati= Cincinnati
Indianapollis v. San Diego= Indianapollis

Indianapollis v. Cincinnati= Indianapollis

Too far away to predict, but I think Indianapollis will be just as dominanat as ever. I don't see them losing but one game in their division, one at New England, and one more along the way.

I think New England will have more trouble than anyone predicts getting to 11-5. They will be lucky to get that record with their schedule (it is brutal!). They still win the division because of New York's even tougher schedule and Buffalo starting Losman, but they will need key wins late in the year to get there. They won't be the same without Teddy, Law, Romeo, and Weis.

I think Carson will come out firing just like last year on the road. Only this time we get a much easier game against Cleveland. That will translate into a good start against a much easier early schedule. I think we loose the tye breaker to New England because of 4-5 of our losses coming against the AFC.

I think San Diego should have a parade for Eli Manning this year when they play this season. They will win the West, but barely. They have two first round picks that will upgrade their team that was awsome last year. I think They will struggle in their divison, and might only end up 3-3 because of the competiton. I think Denver will end up in the cellar for this years surprise bust. Oakland will be the Indianapollis of the west, and will outscore some teams to manage 7-9, but not much better. I think KC will get back into the mix and end up 10-6, but loose the tie breaker to SD because of record against the AFC.

As for the wild card, I think Jacksonville makes up for missing out last year, and Baltimore will still be a solid team, and even better if Boller gets a new toy in the draft, but not good enough for divison champs. They will not score too many points, and will hang Boller once he throws two pics and fumbles once in their loss to Cincinnati in the Wild Card game.

We came close this year to beating New England, but the tables are turned when we shut down Corey Dillon and make New England fans think twice about giving him a new contract.

I can't wait!!!!!
GoLions17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha you think your bengals will go 11-5? i like the bengals but c'mon be realistic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 11-5 is a complete possibility. I could see us, despite our troubles during the early part of the season, winning 6 of 7 to start. Which means we'd only have to win 4 of 9 to likely be in the playoffs (although I wouldn't want to enter the playoffs on a three game L streak). I think that 5-1 against the division might be a little out there given the toughness of the division but I just hope that Marvin has those boys ready for Cleveland (unlike the last time in Cle.).

"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." -ERIC CANTONA
starkesn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not? We could have done that last year. We lost to Pittsburgh twice by 9 points total. We were on track to beat the Patriots untill Palmer got hurt. We lost New York and Tennessee by 7 points because of Palmer's rookie mistakes. Put those together and we go 13-3! I know Palmer blew some games with his early mistakes, but did you watch the end of year. He looked like Brett Farve out there. Also, we were 8-8 with a defense full of rookies. You can't tell me that they won't be better this year after a year in the system. We got the perfect compliment to John Thornton in Bryan Robinson. The reason he struggled was because he didn't have a space eater next to him. I think this is completely possible. We saw the real Pittsburgh against New England last year, and now they don't have Burress, Rothelisburger's favorite target. I think he will get into a sophmore slump without him. I know it is optimistic, but I think I can give a good reason why we nearly all of our games next year. We were 8-8 against the top defenses every single week. This season, we get much easier defenses to play than last year; AND we get most of the harder teams at home as opposed to playing the Jets, New England, and Philly on the road. We will have P-Dub back, and he will thrive in a contract year. Think Justin SMith won't be trying to up his sack numbers more than ever in the last year of his contract? Yeah, that's why 11-5!
skopi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 11-5 is a little overly optimistic, but I think 10-6 is very possible.

I am less worried about Minnesota because I think they will take some time to get all their new defensive players playing as a unit. I prefer to catch them early.

Also, I don't fear Tennessee because they are going through a year of salary cap hell. Yes, we have trouble playing there but this year it doesn't look too bad.

It is also nice to get that week off before Indy. Hopefully we don't have the injury problems of last year and need an early bye week. It is also nice to play at Baltimore the week after they have a tough MNF at Pitt.

sko
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to start by commending starksen on his comments and analysis. I pretty much agree with everything. It's all very well thought out and expressed.

Duke, I agree with you, too. This will be one exciting season. The Bengals bandwagon is gonna start to really fill up. But I want everyone to remember who was here through the days of Dave Shula, Ki-Janna Carter, Shake 'N Blake, and so on...It's time for us true fans to have some fun in the sun.

Sko,
I don't mean to sound critical, but how's 11-5 so overly optimistic when 10-6 is completely reasonable? I know one game can mean everything in the NFL. But a couple bad bounces or untimely injuries could leave them at .500 again, while some good fortune and/or good health can lift them to 11, 12, even 13 wins (that's not a prediction--but anything can happen).

I'd say they'll reach double digit wins this year. There's not a game on their schedule that they can't win. But there's also not a game that they can't lose. The team MUST show up EVERY week. No let downs. No costly late picks (vs. the Jets, Steelers, and Ravens) or fumbles (Titans). If they show up week in and week out and play Bengals football, the sky's the limit.

If anyone needs a reminder that anything can happen, think back to last season when Miami beat New England on MNF. Or, a better example would be--2003. Kansas City at Cincinnati. If you don't remember that game, then get out of this forum Smile .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLAYOFF BOUND!!!!!!
GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: