Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First try at a mock, i was borrrrrrred.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
J-E-T-S 28


Joined: 13 May 2006
Posts: 102
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do u have the bengals not making the playoffs?
_________________



^^thank you MyFavoriteMartin for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cew28315039


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 7817
Location: West Va. U
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like Ginn but i would hvae a hard time passing on landry w/ FS still up for grabs
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 19438
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love it if the rams select teddy ginn jr.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hungry Man


Joined: 19 Jul 2006
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
like Ginn but i would hvae a hard time passing on landry w/ FS still up for grabs


I'll remember that for next time.

Quote:
how do u have the bengals not making the playoffs?


First of all, anything can happen. Second, Palmer is coming back from a serious injury, no matter what until we see him hit the field you don't know how his knee will hold up. Third, with all the distractions and suspensions, they might start out slow.

Quote:
perfect pick for the Titans.

nothing to argue about this pick at all...he would be a perfect fit for our team and for Vince Youngs growth as a QB. It gives him one of the best WR prospects to throw to in a long time....

only thing that i see wrong is that i dont think we will be picking this high in the draft next year with all the FA signings that we made and the growth from our rookies last year. But anything can happen.


Yeah, that was one of the easier picks to make.... and yeah they made a lot of good moves in the offseason but so did 31 other teams....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jvilma51


Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Posts: 1890
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick for the Jets. Ap is a monster.
_________________

Props to jgoldiscool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hungry Man


Joined: 19 Jul 2006
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Re: the Colts,

As good a pick as Rufus Alexander looks on paper, the following should be said about the pick:

I think that LB is one of the positions that the team don't value as a first-round pick; Coach Dungy and President/GM Bill Polian probably feel as though they can get their LBs later on in the draft - which you can see for yourself by looking at the last few years' draft picks.

2002: David Thorton, 4th Round
2003: Keyon Whiteside, 5th Round
2003: Cato June, 6th Round
2003: Gary Brackett, UDFA
2004: Gilbert Gardner, 3rd Round
2004: Kendyll Pope, 4th Round
2005: Tyjuan Hagler, 5th Round
2006: Freddie Keiaho, 3rd round

And I would expect at least one of the following three 2006 UDFAs signed by the Colts to make the team: Brandon Hoyte, Kyle Killion, Dale Robinson.

Now, I wouldn't completely rule out a LB, but I'd say it's an unlikely pick.



Very good point, but with several OL gone, a solid DL and secondary, I thought LB would be best combination of BPA and need available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackAttack785


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 5971
Location: Appleton, WI
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers would easily take LaRon Landry in that situation.
_________________

Mercury22 wrote:
I doubt, very seriously, if the Packers even sniff the playoffs next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikings101


Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 3372
Location: AZ
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings pick would fill a need if E.J. Henderson struggles, but I think 10 might be too high for H.B. Blades.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayme96


Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10418
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys winning the SB is a joke, but otherwise not too bad. Decent pick for the Vikes, great one for the Steelers there. You wouldn't happen to be a Cowboys fan would you now? lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sonfasti


Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 110
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great steelers pick i love Michael Bush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hungry Man


Joined: 19 Jul 2006
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cowboys winning the SB is a joke, but otherwise not too bad. Decent pick for the Vikes, great one for the Steelers there. You wouldn't happen to be a Cowboys fan would you now? lol


Cowboys winning a joke? Nah, TO brings ALOT in terms of offense and Bledsoe will make the Pro Bowl.. Not to mention a solid running game and a defense without many holes..


PS. Im a Raiders fan. I just dont have as much faith in Brooks as many other Raider fans do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayme96


Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10418
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hungry Man wrote:
Quote:
Cowboys winning the SB is a joke, but otherwise not too bad. Decent pick for the Vikes, great one for the Steelers there. You wouldn't happen to be a Cowboys fan would you now? lol


Cowboys winning a joke? Nah, TO brings ALOT in terms of offense and Bledsoe will make the Pro Bowl.. Not to mention a solid running game and a defense without many holes..


PS. Im a Raiders fan. I just dont have as much faith in Brooks as many other Raider fans do.


Ah ok, as far as Brooks goes, he has a strong arm, and that's all it takes when you got Moss. Heck, look at Culpepper in MN...he sucked but Moss made him look good by going and getting everything he just heaved up there. That is of course if Moss is healthy next year, and the O Line is existent.

As for the Cowboys, I guess the NFC is pretty weak, so Carolina is the very heavy favorite in my thinking. Seattle lost a lot in Hutch, and the SB curse thing. There really isn't much for good teams over there, so I guess I could see them getting to the NFCC, but I think Carolina should pretty much dominate the NFC, but the AFC will still win it all. (barring injuries of course for all teams lol)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 94157
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: First try at a mock, i was borrrrrrred. Reply with quote

Hungry Man wrote:
30)Pittsburgh Steelers- Michael Bush Louisville
Great power to team up with the speedy Parker.


I'm one of the biggest Michael Bush supporters out there. However, for the type of running system that the Pittsburgh Steelers use, Kenny Irons would be a better fit. Out of his eight games against SEC opponents last season, Kenny Irons racked up six 100+ yard performances. He racked up 941 rushing yards in those eight games. He doesn't have the wear and tear on his body like Michael Bush does, either. He's a great power runner with some good speed, which is exactly what the Pittsburgh Steelers need. He would probably start out as the goal line back, and slowly take over for Willie Parker should Parker decide to leave. Or, they could run a two-back system which is what they love to do. Plus, how fitting is to have a guy named Irons in the Steel City? Come on now. I think that's a match made in heaven.
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hungry Man


Joined: 19 Jul 2006
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ah ok, as far as Brooks goes, he has a strong arm, and that's all it takes when you got Moss. Heck, look at Culpepper in MN...he sucked but Moss made him look good by going and getting everything he just heaved up there. That is of course if Moss is healthy next year, and the O Line is existent.

As for the Cowboys, I guess the NFC is pretty weak, so Carolina is the very heavy favorite in my thinking. Seattle lost a lot in Hutch, and the SB curse thing. There really isn't much for good teams over there, so I guess I could see them getting to the NFCC, but I think Carolina should pretty much dominate the NFC, but the AFC will still win it all. (barring injuries of course for all teams lol)



True Brooks could have a lot of success throwing to Moss, but when watching his interviews and what he has to say, he's not a very good leader and I think thats what a quarterback needs to be.

True the Panthers are the favorite to win the NFCC and probably the Super Bowl, but I think it can go either way, Dallas just happened to win it in my mock.


Quote:
Hungry Man wrote:
30)Pittsburgh Steelers- Michael Bush Louisville
Great power to team up with the speedy Parker.


I'm one of the biggest Michael Bush supporters out there. However, for the type of running system that the Pittsburgh Steelers use, Kenny Irons would be a better fit. Out of his eight games against SEC opponents last season, Kenny Irons racked up six 100+ yard performances. He racked up 941 rushing yards in those eight games. He doesn't have the wear and tear on his body like Michael Bush does, either. He's a great power runner with some good speed, which is exactly what the Pittsburgh Steelers need. He would probably start out as the goal line back, and slowly take over for Willie Parker should Parker decide to leave. Or, they could run a two-back system which is what they love to do. Plus, how fitting is to have a guy named Irons in the Steel City? Come on now. I think that's a match made in heaven.


Good post, I'll remember that when I update it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SuperBowlEagles


Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 1615
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rice would be an ok pick I guess.

At least he has the name that would be kinda of cool watching him with "Rice" on the back.

Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group