Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who do you want?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIAMI54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: who do you want? Reply with quote

i would like to trade down, for a #1 and a #2 and a #1 next year, get Troy Williamson in the first, possibly David Baas and JJ Arrington in the second (with a #2 for surtain), or Corey Webster and Arrington in the second, Barrett Rudd or Donte Nicholson in the third, and Chris Colmer in the fourth (if he slips). As far as the later rounds, maybe McPhereson, Daven Holly, Chris McKenzie, Ciatric Fason, or Adam Snyder. Colmer could be a steal if healthy.
What about Eric Shelton, Ryan Motes, or Kay-Jay Harris if we can't get Arrington. We dont need a RB at #2, but if we cant trade out, BPA would be Edwards, M.Williams, Brown, Merriman, Smith or Rodgers.
Any thoughts or comments, especially on a way to load up on picks?
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not trade down and get Caddy, and then in the second get either a Luis Castillo, Josh Bullocks, Ernest Shazor, Baas, Brown, Terry, and Boley...

I dont think CB is a need, even without Surtain...
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see us finally draft quality players who contribute and have significant NFL careers. I don't want to see a draft where 75% of the guys we draft don't make the team and are out of the league in two years.

At this point, I'm really hoping that the 49ers select Aaron Rodgers first. That gives us the most options and the best selection of players. It also keeps the prospects on the board which other teams find the most attractive, such as Alex Smith and Braylon Edwards, and could expedite a trade.

As for players, my preferences by position are:

QB - Alex Smith, Utah
RB - Cadillac Williams, Auburn
WR - Braylon Edwards, Michigan
TE - Joel Dreesen, Colorado St.
OT - Khalif Barnes, Washington
OG - Logan Mankins, Fresno St.
OC - David Baas, Michigan

DE - Marcus Spears, LSU
DT - Luis Castillo, Northwestern
OLB - Shawne Merriman, Maryland
ILB - Barrett Ruud, Nebraska
CB - Corey Webster, LSU
S - Sean Considine, Iowa

Not all of these guys are first round picks, but they're the ones that I like the most at each position.
FF Member #1031
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I agreed with most of that list, except I am mixed between Cadillac and Brown.
FF Member #1000
frankmoore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
Wow, I agreed with most of that list, except I am mixed between Cadillac and Brown.

I was on the Brown bandwagon for a while. I got off after two things.

The first was a conversation with my brother (the same one who said that Ronnie Brown would have been a great fit for Miami's offense under Wannstedt) raised the point that "if Ronnie Brown was so good, why wasn't he the starter on his college team?"

The second was a point that I think ESPN's Len Pasquarelli made, and that point was that despite being smaller and lighter than Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams was still the guy who the Auburn coaches gave the ball to in short-yardage and goal-line situations.

The second item sort of helped to answer the first, but what did it was watching video of both and seeing how Cadillac ran, both from scrimmage and on punts.

Ronnie Brown's running style lends itself to taking some wicked hits, and in the NFL that can lead to a short career. Cadillac's running style doesn't seem to lend itself to taking hits. Sure he doesn't power over people (but that's what Gordon or Ricky would be for, right?), but he only shows you knees and shoulder pads to tackle.

Still, I'm trying to prevent myself from gettin hung up on seeing the Dolphins take that "one guy". Invariably, when I do that I get disappointed. I just want to see playmakers who can help this team win for the next 3-5 years.
FF Member #1031
JCool333

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankmoore wrote:
I want to see us finally draft quality players who contribute and have significant NFL careers. I don't want to see a draft where 75% of the guys we draft don't make the team and are out of the league in two years.

At this point, I'm really hoping that the 49ers select Aaron Rodgers first. That gives us the most options and the best selection of players. It also keeps the prospects on the board which other teams find the most attractive, such as Alex Smith and Braylon Edwards, and could expedite a trade.

As for players, my preferences by position are:

QB - Alex Smith, Utah
RB - Cadillac Williams, Auburn
WR - Braylon Edwards, Michigan
TE - Joel Dreesen, Colorado St.
OT - Khalif Barnes, Washington
OG - Logan Mankins, Fresno St.
OC - David Baas, Michigan

DE - Marcus Spears, LSU
DT - Luis Castillo, Northwestern
OLB - Shawne Merriman, Maryland
ILB - Barrett Ruud, Nebraska
CB - Corey Webster, LSU
S - Sean Considine, Iowa

Not all of these guys are first round picks, but they're the ones that I like the most at each position.

I agree with QB, but I prefer Brown at RB. He might be a bigger bust, but he also might be the next LT... At TE, I would much rather Heath Miller or Alex Smith, but I would eb upset if we drafted someone that early at TE. I like Barron at OT-hes not gooing to be a pro bowler every year but hell be a consistently good player if he reches his potential, and if not, he should still be OK. I like Brown at OG-he could handle big guys very well...and there arewnt many fast DTs... AT C, I like Wilkerson cuz Baas is better at G...

I agree on DE, but for us, Id want Pollack. He is very fast, and if he gets no double teams, which he wouldnt with Taylor, he could have 12+ sacks a year.

I agree on Castillo-If we get a 2nd, hed be the guy Id want. I like Shazor, but Castillo is a much needed big DT, and teams (Vikings in particular) have had success with 2nd-3rd round DTs lately.

I dont really like Merriman or DJ that much for us. DJ might not be a ood player or even a solid one dfor a few years according to many scouts, and Merriman wouldnt really fit unless we play a 3-4.

At ILB, I like Thurman. He is a beast. I also like Crowder becaus ehe can play OLB as well, but Ruud seems headed to NE....

AT CB, other than Carlos Rogers, who is my favorite followed by PAc Man, Rolle, Jackson, and milelr, I like Eric Green. But, I don t think well be tajking a CB unless one falls far.

At S, I thought you said you didn''t like Considine? I also do like him, but my favorite is Brodney Pool. I also like Bullcoks and Shazor over Considine, and after Considine, I like Rosegreen.
frankmoore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
At S, I thought you said you didn''t like Considine?

Actually, I don't like him at #70 but I don't think he'll be around at #104 which is where I'd like to take him.

Part of what I'm basing my preferences on are who's the best player at the position, but part of it is who do I think represents a good value at the position. Sure Smith and Miller are the cream of the TE crop, but I think Dreesen would be just as good and might fit Linehan's offense better since he might be a better H-back than those other guys.

BTW, for those of you who don't follow NFL Europe, Ben Moa, currently listed as 3rd FB on Miami's depth chart, is the starting TE for the Berlin Thunder. He's got 7 catches for 55 yards. As an FYI on Moa, he played TE and H-back at Utah. Food for thought for you conspiracy theorists out there.
FF Member #1031
JCool333

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw that too...that means we might have 3 FBs as he would fit in Linehans offense well. We have Evans, who will stay as we just signed him, Moa, because of this, and Morris because he is also an RB and could be a solid TE if they try to move him.

I thik we might move Moa though, based on this. Lee could use a challenge and Moa might be the guy to do it.

But, I wonder if we dont trade Gordon or Morris this year, based on this. We have Evans plus Moa. We have Minor at RB, and if we draft one high, I think that spells the end for Morris' or Gordon's stay in Miami...
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, JCool, but as far as OT, I have to go with Khalif Barnes. I am a big FSU fan and Alex Barron is great, but I just think Khalif has more motivation and quicker feet. Barron has long arms, but Khalif's quick feet will keep up with the J.Taylor and M.Strahan's of the league and that is what separates them in my mind.
FF Member #1000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: