Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arrington Wants Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Arrington Wants Out Reply with quote

Looks like LaVar could have a new home. He's pissed at the skins. Go to CBS Sportsline and see for yourself...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to popular opinion, just because a player gets angry doesn't mean he is gone. And for the 1023234th time, LaVar Arrington is untradeable due to the $19M cap hit we would take. Sarcasm isn't directed at you, just have to deal all the time with Lavar trade proposals and suggestions. Can't happen.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be shocked if LaVar is gone after next season. If he doesn't play every game this season, and make the impact that he's supposed to, there's no reason to keep him around and pay him all that money.

I think more than anything else, LaVar has had too much time alone. He has an ego, and it needs to be fed.
Dogs of war

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
Contrary to popular opinion, just because a player gets angry doesn't mean he is gone. And for the 1023234th time, LaVar Arrington is untradeable due to the $19M cap hit we would take. Sarcasm isn't directed at you, just have to deal all the time with Lavar trade proposals and suggestions. Can't happen.

$19 Million cap hit?
WOW
Does anybody have the actual numbers of his entire contract?
I would like to see how the Skins could put themselves into this situation.
You should NEVER hand over a contract that makes a player "Untradeable". That sounds like the Brunell deal.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He signed a 9 year deal in 2003 that paid him $26 in salary, $26 million in SB, and $26 in other bonuses.

According to http://redskins.scout.com/3/cutsavings.html the dead cap hit is $17.6 million.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to post the article from Warpath Insiders. He must want attention. What is it with these players' egos? I would definitely be happy to trade him come next year, if at all possible. The Redskins are struggling to figure out how to approach the draft, as well as build a credible offense, as well as fill holes (CB, DE, MLB) on defense. The last thing that they need is Lavar Arrington rambling to the press. I just hope that he takes this anger to the field and plays well during the season. As far as his rehabilitation is concerned. I pray that he doesn't try to sit games out unnecessarily.
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm

That has all the Skins' contracts and release fees. Arrington and Samuels are untradeable mostly because we would never consider trading them. This will blow by with LaVar, he's just frustrated that he continues getting injured. Come football season, he'll be just as psyched up as anyone. I feel quite certain about that.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm

That has all the Skins' contracts and release fees. Arrington and Samuels are untradeable mostly because we would never consider trading them. This will blow by with LaVar, he's just frustrated that he continues getting injured. Come football season, he'll be just as psyched up as anyone. I feel quite certain about that.

I agree that this whole thing will blow over, but what if it doesn't? Do you think the Skins would keep him around if he's legitimately unhappy? I don't.

I wonder if that $6.5 million bonus that he has a gripe about will come in to play. I'm pretty sure it's a roster bonus due to him (if he gets his way) for the 2006 season.
Dogs of war

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any Redskin fans out there that think the LaVar contract was a smart move on the Redskins part?
Kinda sound like the big bonus's are going to start catching up with Snyder.
Tough situation to be in.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's smart to lock up a game changing LB for 9 years, and the bonus isn't bad when spread out over 9 years.

I'm not positive that Arrington is going to live up to what he's paid though. He's an incredible athlete, but he has his flaws too.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lavar's not going anywhere. I believe him when he said he's a true Redskin (no source to bacck that up, but just like the type of player he is). I hope Gibbs is not being too damn optimistic about Lavar's injury though. I just have this gut feeling Lavar might miss another season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: