Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will the Dolphins select
Mike Williams
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ronnie Brown
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Braylon Edwards
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Carnell Williams
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Cedric Benson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

MultiSync

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Draft Reply with quote

49ers- Aaron Rodgers
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isn't Alex Smith an option??

If it were me, I would trade down to the #5-10 area and pick up Antrel Rolle.

But....I picked Braylon for this one.
FF Member #1000
MultiSync

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie Brown wins
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y antrel we have good corners and were trying w/o luck to trade one

~ Lork
Phinfan76

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braylon Edwards at #2, Cadillac if we trade down in the top 10.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Backwoods, I dont agree on Antrel. If we got him, he wouldnt start, and could end up 4th or even 5th CB. If we do move him to safety, Id rather Thomas Davis, brodney Pool, or even Ernest Shazor/josh Bullocks in the 2nd...
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
Yeah, Backwoods, I dont agree on Antrel. If we got him, he wouldnt start, and could end up 4th or even 5th CB. If we do move him to safety, Id rather Thomas Davis, brodney Pool, or even Ernest Shazor/josh Bullocks in the 2nd...

Because Antrel will most likely be a FS, that could still play CB. I am not confident at all in our current safties and we could still pick up good RBs and WRs in 2nd or 3rd round. Saban has looked good and hard at Antrel and for some reason, if we trade down, I think we may pick him up. He has picked up a couple guys and signed them to one year deals.
If we trade down, which I expect Saban to see what he could get for trading down and it looks like the bucs could be interested in Alex Smith, then I would expect Smith, Brown, and Braylon to be gone. Basically if we trade down, I believe that Antrel will be the highest on Saban's board when we pick.
Also....If the fins get a 2nd rounder for Surtain, look for them to pick up one of the recievers from Georgia if they are still around.
FF Member #1000
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you're saying about Rolle at FS. With the fact that Saban's scheme needs DBs (note that I am not saying cornerbacks or safeties) who are versatile enough to play press and zone coverage, then Rolle would be a good fit.

Two years ago the Pats drafted CB Eugene Wilson in the 2nd round and converted him to a free safety. He's done OK there; has a couple of rings to his name. Something that the Patriots and Eagles both do is make extensive use of 3-deep (a.k.a., Cover 3) coverages. To have success playing those defenses, you need safeties who are more athletic than Sammy Knight and Arturo Freeman.

Personally, I don't believe that Tebucky Jones is the answer. I didn't really like him in New England and I don't think that he's done anything to justify being a first round pick. I don't know much about Tillman but I don't think that he's a long-term answer either.

Now, that said, the fact remains that the strength of this draft is in offensive skills players (WRs, RBs, QBs, TEs). I'm more curious to see how we exploit that so that we don't have an offensve that can't garner 5000 total yards again.
FF Member #1031
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can totally agree with you on that. I think if we stay at #2 we should definately pick an offensive player. I think it is mainly between Smith and Brown, with a smaller chance of Braylon. We need to do something with our offense, and I fully expect for at least 2 of our first 3 picks to go offensive (RB, WR, QB), then look at a LB and DT in the late rounds.
FF Member #1000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: