Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Well Run Mock Draft:Dolphins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Well Run Mock Draft:Dolphins Reply with quote

I own the Dolphins in the Well Run Mock Draft.

WHat do you guys think of what I've done:

2 overall for Anthony McFarland, 5th overall(Cedric Benson), 3rd rounder(TB), 4th rounder (TB), 1st rounder next year.

Braylon was picked and since it was essentially a toss up between DJ, Benson, and Williams, I went with Benson as he fills our biggest void...
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take that in a heart beat.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job. I'd do that any day.

By the Way....This is my 500th post.
FF Member #1000
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream trade!

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
oteixeira

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he didn't tell you is the guy he traded with is a trade happy idiot who is on the verge of being kicked out of the mock, so this trade would never happen, even in a mock, without a real dumb or trade happy GM. Also, I don't know what JCool is passing around to puff on, but he got a 2nd and 5th plus something next year for Surtain. I think right now we would all be happy if the second for him came through.

Anyway, not bashing, just sheding light on how unrealistic this is, even for a mock.

Orlando
JCool333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a pretty solid trade-McFarlands actually on the block and sure I got a bit too much but it was fair in the end. Besides the mock is for fun-not to be real...

I got offerred the 5th and I got that because Woodson warranted a 2nd and 4th and 3rd next year...

And, yes, if Woodson got that, the Dolphins would hold out for at least this...

And, who are you anyway, man? Also, I think most would say the Chargers-Giants trade last year was unrealistic...Also remember that Booger is 29 and injry plaugued so I would only value him at a 2nd rounder-so a 1st, 2nd,3rd, 4th, and a 2nd next year seems fair to me to get Ronnie...
oteixeira

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool,

I am just a person that reads this board and keeps up on other news as well. I am not trying to make you look bad, just stating fact. Where is it that Woodson will take a 2nd, 4th and 3rd next year? All indications are that KC is looking at him because he is chaper to be had then Surtain. No way they give up all that for an injury plagued underachiver (Woodson).

As for the other trade, I am not saying it is impossible, I am just saying to move down 3 spots, maybe this years first and next years first, a fouth and next years 5th (like the g'ints and chargers), but something better then that? Seems like a lot for a draft that no one wants to be at the top of, unlike the Manning draft of last year. Just my 2 cents man, and we are just talking here, so who I am shouldn't matter. All though for the sake of argument, my name is Wayne and I own a bunch of pro teams! Very Happy

And point of fact, you run this Mock, and you DID threaten to throw this guy out numerous times for trading just to trade.

Orlando
Griese2Clayton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booger McFatty trade?

Ridiculous.

First of all the guy is injured and no one is really sure at this point when he might be able to play this year.

Secondly, the Bucs would take a major cap hit by trading Booger costing much more than his 2005 salary alone so it makes no sense when you factor in the current cap situation.

Who comes up with these ideas? Confused
GoVikings988

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you dolphin fans would like that, but id like to get torry holt the rams 1st rounder and a 1st rounder for the 7th. but its not gonna happen. and neither will that trade.
JCool333

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it wont acctually happen. it doesn't mean its impossible-and i checked it out-the bucs would have some dead money, but they would save cap by trading booger.
Griese2Clayton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what? McFatty got a $9.5 million signing bonus in his 6 year $34 million contract. Two thirds of the bonus counts toward the cap immediately if he is traded, almost $6.4 million. His salary is peanuts compared to this. Shocked
JCool333

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah youre right. I came to that conclusion hours ago when I checked it up on a different site...

Check the mock now...
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im the trade happy idiot and only i can call my self that so back off and i only did because its a mock draft key word mock as in not real fake never really happen. in real life i would never think of offering that trade its stupid pure stupid by the way he only posted it to see what your reaction would be not to see if you thought it would happen

~ Lork

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: