Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

S Moss & S Taylor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guinis72

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: S Moss & S Taylor Reply with quote

According to the Washington Post, Santana Moss & Sean Taylor aren't attending "voluntary workouts".

Do all the guys from "The U" (excluding Portis I guess) shun their NFL teams to work out together in the offseason? I read Shockey is also not at NYG workouts. This concerns me that Moss isn't worried about getting in there asap to workout with Ramsey. Doesn't seem like the actions of someone wanting a new "lucrative contract" as his agent put it. I'm very concerned about the Skins dishing out $5M/yr to a guy that's had ONE good yr, is injury prone, and is barely 5'10. Something tells me this is going to come back and bite us.

S Taylor has a new agent and isn't happy with the deal he signed LAST YR! Lol. Didn't we give him what his draft slot dictated?

Sorry for all the negativity, I'm a loyal Skins fan but I just hate to see all the greed and selfishness that seems so anti-Gibbs.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The workouts are... voluntary. As long as they're working out elsewhere I don't see why it's a problem. Santana Moss will have time to get accustomed to Ramsey. I never read much into any player's off the field situations. Stars perform come gametime. That's all I worry about.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The workouts are... voluntary

Just because they're called voluntary, doesn't mean they're really voluntary. The bad thing about this is that both guys want new deals. If they get new deals while skipping "voluntary" workouts, what's that going to say to rest of the players attending those workouts?
guinis72

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad thing about this is that both guys want new deals. If they get new deals while skipping "voluntary" workouts, what's that going to say to rest of the players attending those workouts?[/quote]

I don't think any of the more successful WR/QB tandems have had to have their arms twisted to work together in the offseason to develop chemistry, especially after joining a new team (see Harrison & Manning). I think it says more about their dedication to the team than anything. Ramsey hasn't even talked to Moss yet, he said he left him a message but didn't get a call back.

If they're not going to attend offseason workouts when they want a new deal, what's going to happen once they get paid?

I'm curious if this trend could begin to influence draft position. If Gibbs has 2 players that don't attend workouts because they're in Miami, why would he draft someone that will become #3?

I agree that is sends a bad message to the dedicated players that feel like Ramsey:
He basically said in the article that you shouldn't feel like you HAVE to be there, like a job, but that you should want to be there, to get better and work together.

I edited the last paragraph cause I used a quote and didn't want to violate Footballs Future rules. : )
e16bball

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Taylor needs to get over himself, and I think he will soon enough. He and Rosenhaus are just trying to make a point, and gain some leverage.

Rosenhaus is trying to make a point with Moss, also, but I'm not really sure I'm as okay with that one. Taylor has been on the team, knows the system (to a certain extent) and knows the guys. Moss is a newcomer, and he could really use some time to get work in with Ramsey, who is just about as far from Chad Pennington as a QB can be. The other problem I have is that when we traded LC for Moss, the fans (and the team, I think) were under the impression that we were significantly upgrading the locker room attitude and all that. But if Moss is causing problems from day one, it seems like we lost a better player, a lot of cap room, AND didn't even improve our chemistry or camaraderie at all.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Rosenhaus is the agent for both of them, both are waiting for contract. Moss wants #1 money when the fact is he isn't worth the contract we gave Coles. Extension talks have halted and that is why he is sitting in Miami. Again, another player that is more concerend with his own fortune then building a repport with a new quarterback, making use of this time instead of wasting it.

Taylor has some nerve, he has already gotten in trouble this past year that required half a dozen redskins to go to court and be a witness for him getting caught driving drunk after Rod Gardners bday party last year. He has a 40million contract, we should not even entertain his request.

I hate Drew Rosenhaus, I am an Eagles fan too and the day TO signs rosenhaus he calls the eagles back office to renegotiate a huge 7yr deal only a year old.

Rosenhaus is selling greed and all 90 of his NFL clients are buying.
inkwell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would you hate Rosenhaus? He works for the players and that is where his loyalty is. Someone brought up Manning and Harrison as two who spend every free moment together to get on the same page. Well, on the same team Edge not only misses voluntary workouts but skips mandatory ones too and then doesnt want to play in preseason games and when he was coming back from a bad knee surgery, he wouldnt let the team doctors check him out. At least he was coming off of leading the league in rushing for two years. Moss has never done anything to hang his hat on in this league and Taylor had as many off field incidents as dominant games on the field. Welcome to the NFL of the 21st century.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the DUI... What has Sean Taylor done that's 'wrong'?
sootedpair

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Aside from the DUI... What has Sean Taylor done that's 'wrong'?

Technically, he wasn't wrong about that either. He was found innocent. He did refuse the breathalyzer though.

I assume that you don't think the stuff with his agents, his contract and not talking to the press is wrong. It's not, but it's not what any of us want to read about and shows that he has some character issues to be concerned about. My concern is that the Skins won't want to deal with him later on down the road and will trade him because of these things.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot all about his contractual problems prior to this season. Refusing to talk to the press isn't a bad thing, in my mind. The media is just a distraction. As e16 said, Sean Taylor just has to get over himself and hopefully it'll happen soon. You've gotta realize that no one player is bigger than the team. I hope he learns that soon, because I can't imagine losing him to another team at any time in his career.
thedoc4454

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this might sit well with some of you, but let's think outside of the box for a second.
TRADE THEM! Trade them both and do it fast and in a cutthroat manor.
They signed contracts. Just who is running this league? The players and thier agents? The owners and general managers need to make an organized stand here against the raw greed of people who don't give a rat left testicle for the game or the fans that watch it.
How about A first rounder and a second for Taylor and a third and fourth for Moss.
We'd look pretty fat a sassy going into the draft. and could address all of our needs in one fell swoop.

Pack up and get out boys - This is Redskin Territory!!!
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santana Moss can replaced easily. His mini-me (Roscoe Parrish) will be available in the draft, BUT Sean Taylor cannot be replaced easily. No one in the draft possesses the ability that he does. The way I handle situations like this is to not even make a big deal of them. Things will work out and fall in place.
inkwell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Santana Moss can replaced easily. His mini-me (Roscoe Parrish) will be available in the draft, BUT Sean Taylor cannot be replaced easily. No one in the draft possesses the ability that he does. The way I handle situations like this is to not even make a big deal of them. Things will work out and fall in place.

The way YOU handle things? What team do you call the shots for?
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't call shot for any teams. When I speak of handling situations, I'm speaking of exactly what I said. I don't make any decisions for the Redskins so therefore I don't make a big deal of them and run a person's name through the mud and make assumptions of their character whenever something like contractual disagreements occur. Fall back and be easy, man.
inkwell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it IS a big deal. It affects the team you root for when its players dont show up, put themselves ahead of the team, sign deals and then sit out, get arrested, dont talk to the media. I guess it isnt a big deal to you because it isnt like your team is gonna contend for anything anyway.

Fall back? Be easy? Try again in english please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: