Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Introduction Thread: Just Who do you think you are?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: The Introduction Thread: Just Who do you think you are? Reply with quote

It's the introduction thread 2.0! Follow this template to introduce yourself to your fellow posters.

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: My man Marshall Faulk. Most versatile running back to ever play the game, and helped the Rams win their first Super Bowl.

What do you do?: I have just graduated from Missouri State University with a degree in Hotel Restaurant Administration with a Minor in Spanish. Right now I'm living in New England, going through the rugged world of the culinary industry, training to be a chef.

What other teams are you a fan of?: Cardinals and Blues (reppin STL). I also like the USA Eagles (rugby), Missouri Tigers, Michigan Wolverines, and of course, the Missouri State Bears (one day...we'll make an NCAA tournament and go on a Sweet 16 run again...)

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.:
In high school I played football and wrestled. Before I moved up to New England, I played rugby for a local club. I still play off an on, just not as much as I used to.

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history):
Changes time to time for me. I really don't like having celebrity crushes, because it makes me feel like I'm below someone (even if social status dictates that I am). BUT...if you are Gemma Atkinson:

I will call you my queen and be your jester for a chance to have you by the fireplace or on a beach all alone.... If those circumstances aren't acceptable, then I'll shoo you away and come back to reality, find a woman and my status level, and probably be much happier.

What do you like to eat?: Cereal. I RUN on cereal. My food pyramid has cereal at its' base. I don't care if it's a grain, I'm throwing it in there with the likes of potatoes and oats!

What other hobbies do you have?: Ever since cooking becamse a profession, I can't really label it a "hobby." I would say lifting, reading, writing, running, rugby, and video games are on the list of hobbies nowadays.

Why did you choose your username?: I'm a fan of the Rams, my favorite player is Marshall Faulk, and his number is 28. Short and simple.

Name one really cool event in your life.: I would say cooking and plating alongside Tom Colicchio last month. Watching Top Chef was what gave me the angst to start cooking in the first place. It really hits home with how privledged you are to be in the spot that you are at, despite all of the late nights cleaning up grease and butter off the stove, smelling like 10 shades of awful, and working in a stressful environment. These things do have their rewards, and it's something that will get you to the top much sooner than you expect!

Alright, 7 questions guys. Follow my template, be as discreet or as open as you want. Remember, don't do anything that will reveal TOO MUCH information about yourself, and don't post any detailed pictures or videos of yourself either.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
RamRod

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: Gotta be Marshall Faulk. Although, I really like Isaac Bruce too. Both have been some of the greatest Rams ever.

What do you do?: About to graduate High School. I'm gonna be attending a local college. It's called Concord University. It's in West Virginia so I doubt any of you have heard of it. I don't know what I want to major in or do with my life.

What other teams are you a fan of?: I suppose you can call me a Celtics fan. When I was real young I became a Celtics fan and I loved the NBA, more than the NFL at the time. As I got older, I didn't really like the NBA as much and pretty much stopped following it. I still like the Celtics but don't have that same passion. Kinda sucks now because they're good again.

Do you play sports? Yes. I've played soccer my entire life pretty much. It's my favorite and my best sport. I played on some travel teams when I was younger and played on another club team a few years ago. I used to be real passionate about basketball but now I just play it for fun. The only years I played football were two years in middle school. Surprisingly I got decent at it, but decided to not play it anymore after middle school. I instead got into Cross Country and ran that throught my high school.

Who is your dream girl? Good question. I'd probably go with Erin Andrews. Extremely good looking and probably knows more about sports than us guys. That's my dream girl.

What do you like to eat?: Just about anything. My favorite food is probably chicken. Any kind of chicken.

What other hobbies do you have?: Playing video games. I have a gamerscore of 65,000. Feel free to call me a nerd.

Why did you choose your username?:

Plus, the Ram part since I'm obviously a Rams fan

Name one really cool event in your life.:
Probably a few years back when I was a foriegn exchange student. It was only for the summer though. Me and my family hosted a spanish kid for about a month and then that kid and his family hosted me for about a month. Once in a lifetime experience. I'll never forget it.
steferfootballd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The Introduction Thread: Just Who do you think you are? Reply with quote

Here is an easier to use template for everyone.

Just copy and paste and it'll have the bolds and stuff.

Enjoy!

Code:
[b]Who is your favorite Rams player?  Past or Present?[/b]:

[b]What do you do?[/b]:

[b]What other teams are you a fan of?[/b]:

[b]Do you play sports?  If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.[/b]:

[b]Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife!  That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history)[/b]:

[b]What do you like to eat?[/b]:

[b]What other hobbies do you have?[/b]:

[b]Why did you choose your username?[/b]:

[b]Name one really cool event in your life.[/b]:

Ramster
SoS wrote:
(Remember, I like that Steven Jackson style best Very Happy )
steferfootballd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: Past "The Four" Holt, Bruce, Warner, Faulk (emphasis on Warner), add in some historical guys like Deacon Jones and Jack Youngblood (my avi dude)...I suppose you can add OJ to this list too. Sad

Present: JL, Long, Jason Smith, Bradford, Amendola, Jackson

I don't think I can say I hate any Rams, I like them all...though that is my list.

What do you do?: I'm a student at the Missouri University of Science and Technology

What other teams are you a fan of?: Mostly the Lakers. Other than football, I will admit I am a fairweathered fan. I also like the Tigers of Mizzou, and the Cardinals.

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.: I am currently contemplating quitting attempts at running. I used to be alright, but now I suck. I got a hip injury took about a year off and don't know I want to/can get through training up to a high level again. I'll miss it too if I cant give it a go. Crying or Very sad

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history):I donno. I'll take a pass till I'm married.

What do you like to eat?: Yes. I like all types of food. I was on a cruise last week. It was great. Food everywhere. I'm a thin guy 6'4" 150-155, and I'm now 160+...I've never gained that much so rapidly...and now I have the foundation of a double chin. Laughing

Thanks Royal Caribbean! Very Happy

What other hobbies do you have?: Computers, running, eating, sleeping are all high on the list.

Why did you choose your username?: It vaguely represents my name, and football.

Name one really cool event in your life.: I used be a Canadian. Then I left. During my US naturalisation swearing in process, they handed me a piece of paper and said "read this." It had something to do with renouncing my previous nationality. So I'm not sure if I'm a Canadian anymore. But I am an American. Very Happy

Ramster
SoS wrote:
Gambino62

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?:

My favourite current Rams player would probably be James Laurinaitis and Sam Bradford. Past would easily be Orlando Pace and Marshall Faulk.

What do you do?:

Teacher.

What other teams are you a fan of?:

Colorado Avalanche and LSU Tigers.

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.:

Played Football. Was an All Canadian LG and nearly went on scholarship to New Mexico but instead stuck with Canadian schools.

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history):

My fiancee, however, I do love me some Kristanna Lokken and Alice Eve.

What do you like to eat?:

Traditional Italian and Chinese.

What other hobbies do you have?:

Collecting comics and action figures, video games, reading, tattoos and walking the dog.

Last name and my number.

My scholarship offer.

Kempes on the sig, El ramster on the avy.
Ramsman2881

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt, Present would be Steven Jackson and JL55

What do you do?: Geography student at Ryerson University in Toronto

What other teams are you a fan of?: St. Louis Cardinals, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Blue Jays.

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.: Played High School Football

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history): Scarlett Johansson

What do you like to eat?: Steak, Chicken, Burgers, basically anything BBQ'd

What other hobbies do you have?: Video Games, Fantasy Sports, TV, Travel

Why did you choose your username?: Rams fan, Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt

Name one really cool event in your life.: Being from Canada, I never though I would see a rams game but in 2008 I went to the Rams Cowboys game with my brother who is a cowboys fan. Not only did we Win big, but I got a picture with OJ Atogwe (a fellow Canadian) after the game and also saw Steven Jackson driving away from the stadium.

^^El Ramster^^
ctp2124

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mj

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams

Last edited by ctp2124 on Tue May 20, 2014 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
yrba1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past: Kurt Warner - amazing Cinderella Story of going from a grocery bagman to a holder of the Lombardi Trophy
Present: Danny Amendola - brings an amazing Rudy story but with a flavor of becoming a reliable starter for the Rams

What do you do?: Snowboarding, making videos, computer-related stuff

What other teams are you a fan of?: Was a San Francisco Giants/St. Louis Cards fan but I quit taking baseball seriously based on the success gap between multimillion dollar franchises and small-market teams

Used to play baseball, was a decent outfielder/pitcher, made 9 strikes in a row at one inning before

Lelia Broussard

Besides being physically attractive, she has an interesting background and an amazing voice for singing (If you're into pop and indie music, go vote for her to be in the Rolling Stones cover)

What do you like to eat?:
Medium-rare steak, California burritos, quality-made burgers, Italian food

What other hobbies do you have?:
I know how to cook quality meals (for a guy) and I'd consider myself an indie music connoisseur (connoisseur: an expert judge in the matter of taste and flavor)

It's my full, former initials (gonna go through a legal name change sometime around)

Warped Tour was a fun concert to go to but it's hard to find a musician there that I'd consider a jewel in the rough nowadays
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torry Holt has gotta be my favorite, although Steven Jackson is a close second. Torry was so underrated it wasn't even funny. He had a quiet "swagger" about him and was just magical on the field...

What do you do?: I graduated from Missouri State University with a Hospitality and Restaurant Administration degree in the spring of 2010. I recently accepted an offer to eventually manage a Healthcare Food Service System's (Hospital) Operation and Outlets. I am currently getting ready to head to Birmingham, Alabama to complete 3 months of Hands-On/Classroom training to satisfy my "Manager in Training" requirements. After that I will be relocated somewhere within the company's Southeast region (Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky)...

What other teams are you a fan of?: St. Louis Cardinals, Mizzou Tigers, St. Louis Blues, Boston RedSox and the Missouri State Bears...

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.: I played safety and returned kicks for my highschool football team, played forward for the basketball team and dabbled in baseball for a little while. Now I stick to rec-league basketball games and slow-pitch softball...

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history): Hmm, that is tough. I would have to go with Natalie Portman (lucky me as my fiancee happens to look alot like her!)...

What do you like to eat?: Everything! Seriously, I'll et just about anything that is considered edible. My favorite thing though is homemade guacamole...

What other hobbies do you have?: Music, Friends, Gaming, Getting Tattooed...

Why did you choose your username?: I was boring and just went with my name and b-day...

Name one really cool event in your life.: I recently got engaged...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Kam, I didn't know you got engaged! Congrats man! It looks like us Mo State grads are doing pretty well for ourselves right now in the employment industry!

And Gambino gets +10 cool points for his last name actually being...Gambino. That is pretty awesome.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: My favorite Rams player of all time has to be Torry Holt, I just remember watching an interview of him with Jim Rome before I even started really following the Rams and right before the 1999 draft. I just thought he seemed like a cool dude and then the Rams drafted him and I was like "hey I remember him" Didn't even know who anyone else was in the draft.

My current favorite player has to be either Ron Bartell or Sam Bradford.

What do you do?: I work at a grocery store. I'm in the management program, it's a really chill job actually I'm usually in the back and can do whatever, get to listen to 101 espn pretty much all day unless I get called to help up front. I like it but at the same time I just think of the Jim Halpert quote when going through the management program......"Because right now, this is a job. If I advance any higher, this would be my career. And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train."

What other teams are you a fan of?: Blues, Cardinals, Missouri Tigers.....I like to root for the Eagles, Jets and Falcons also jusst because they have some big time Missouri guys on their squads.

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.: I played baseball from the age of eight to nineteen. Was a Pitcher, will always remember my Freshman year when I threw a no hitter and my Sophomore year when I got moved up and struck out eighteen batters in seven innings and that year in summer legion ball when we played a tournament in Ohio and the coach told me he wanted me to Start game one for the team, just meant a lot to me. Of course I'll also never forget my Senior year when I hurt my shoulder and my 83-85 mph fastball dropped to 68-72 mph, went to physical therapy for four weeks came back for districts, pitched a solid two innings and then went out for the third and could barely get the ball to homeplate, ever since then I really haven't been able to play baseball. Have to settle for some beer league softball now.

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history): Hmm, this is tough. I'm a big fan of Natalie Portman but I wouldn't really say she's my dream girl. I would have to say the Bakery girl right now, is twenty to young for a soon to be twenty five year old?

What do you like to eat?: Anything that's good, I love food. It's slowly starting to catch up to me though, I'm 6' foot and 180 pounds.

What other hobbies do you have?: I like to play tennis, golf, softball, watching the office, watching movies, going bowling, hanging out with friends........I also love to write, back when I graduated High School I wanted to be a Sports Journalist, don't think that went so well. I struggle in school, it never came easy to me...My friends always like dude go to Mizzou, get in their Journalism school and take over Bernie's job on 101 man. I'm just like....Yeah easy for you to say your in SLU's medical school and making straight A's. Idk I know if I get motivated I could probably do it, but that's the thing I never get motivated for anything really.

Why did you choose your username?: Torry Holt was my favorite player and I couldn't really think of a good username so I just put my favorite player and my brother's favorite player.

Name one really cool event in your life.: Pitched at Busch Stadium for an All-Star District game in Legion ball. It was cool because my teammate got to be the starting pitcher for the game so he pitched the first two innings and then I got to close the game out pitching the ninth. That run from the bullpen to the mound wasn't very fun, it's probably the most nervous I've ever been. I remember it like it was yesterday. Funny thing about that game is I lost my contacts earlier that day so I had my glasses on and my glasses ended up fogging up before the first batter came to the plate and I didn't want to be a nerd and step off to clean my glasses so I pitched not being able to see what signs my catcher (who was from a different team) was putting down and barely being able to see his glove. Got a line out, pop up and a strikeout, three batters faced.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
Dang Kam, I didn't know you got engaged! Congrats man! It looks like us Mo State grads are doing pretty well for ourselves right now in the employment industry!

Thanks Matt, I miss the days of sitting in Riegel's class and talking football! Good luck up there in Massachusetts, whatever you do don't take on the accent! It took me forever to drop mine when I moved to Missouri...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Headbanger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: Well, I like a lot of the, but Deacon, Merlin, Ike, Warner, Holt, Faulk, Wilkins, Youngblood, Pace, Atogwe, from past and SJax, JL55, Bradford from present.

What do you do?:Well, I'm a guide in my region, for English and French speaking guests.

What other teams are you a fan of?: Hajduk Split, Liverpool FC, Celtics.

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.: I never played American footbal, only flag football. I had a very good career in highschool as a handball player, but my ancle injury prevented me to go any further with my career.

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history): Have so many on my mind to just say this one is the one. Laughing

What do you like to eat?: Pretty much everything.

What other hobbies do you have?: Well, I make jewelery, ride my Kawasaki.

Why did you choose your username?: Because I'm a metal fan (last night I was at the Slayer and Megadeth concert) and when ram atacs, he bangs his head against the oponent.

Name one really cool event in your life.:Which one to choose? Well maybe when I saved this lady from droughning.

"Sometimes two...Sometimes three...That's how many you need and you still can't handle me."
By David "Deacon" Jones.

RAMS MY TEAM TILL THE DAY I DIE
steferfootballd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of Kawasaki headbanger?

I have a KLR 650. Cool

Ramster
SoS wrote:
Headbanger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steferfootballd wrote:
What type of Kawasaki headbanger?

I have a KLR 650. Cool

Nice bike. I own (ride) GPZ 500 s year 88. Cool

"Sometimes two...Sometimes three...That's how many you need and you still can't handle me."
By David "Deacon" Jones.

RAMS MY TEAM TILL THE DAY I DIE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: