You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential Haloti Ngata contract

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Potential Haloti Ngata contract Reply with quote

The 12th overall pick from the last 3 years...

2003 Jimmy Kennedy signed a 5 year deal worth $9 million with a $5 million signining bonus.

2004 Jonathan Vilma signed a 5 year deal worth $10.3 million (+1.3) with a $7.25 million (+2.25) signing bonus.

2005 Shawne Merriman signed a 5 year deal worth $11.3 million (+1) with a $9 million (+1.75) signing bonus.

Based on that Ngata should recieve something along the lines of a 5 year deal worth $13 million with around a $10.5-11 million signing bonus. Im not positive, but Im pretty sure Ngata's agent has a good history of getting his clients into camp on time.

Info from: http://www.ravens24x7.com/main.aspx?SectionName=way&ContentID=2544
freezer-52

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats interesting how the past two picks at #12 have gone on to be DROY. Thats a good sign for us and Haloti Ngata.
DaKingPin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freezer-52 wrote:
Thats interesting how the past two picks at #12 have gone on to be DROY. Thats a good sign for us and Haloti Ngata.

Good pick up. I didn't notice that at first. But hopefully he follows the pattern.
Mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be hard for a DT to win the defensive rookie of the year......its easier for a linebacker to win it becouse they get more tackles and more sacks.......It will be hard for anybody to beat AJ Hawk for that award.....

I didnt know that there was that big of a drop off in money from a top 5 pick to #12.......last year I think we gave Braylon a 40 million doller deal...

Thanks to ElipticDawg on the sig!
duke2056 wrote:
Considering marijuana is the worlds most rAtarded thing to be ilegal,
Raven31

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ernie Sims is looking at DPOY, imo.
raven5255

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I dont think Ngata will win DROY as like you said its very hard for a low profile position like defensive tackle to get a lot of recognition. I think freezer52 was just pointing out it as a good sign. I also agree with Raven31 on Ernie Sims winning DROY, hes my pick as well.
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freezer-52 wrote:
And the last DT to be picked at #12 has been a bust so far... Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true, Jimmy Kennedy. I remember when theyre was talk we might be interested in him at #10. Thankfully the Saints and Jonathan Sullivan intervened letting Suggs slip down to us. Although, we should have had Leftwhich in the first place if it wasnt for a busy phone line.
freezer-52

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensWin520 wrote:
freezer-52 wrote:
And the last DT to be picked at #12 has been a bust so far... Wink

Yeah, and if you look at the other defensive tackles taken at the #12 spot in the past few years, they haven't fared so well:

Jimmy Kennedy
Wendell Bryant
Damione Lewis

Maybe I spoke to soon, but that isn't really important. Theres no curse of picking a D-Tackle with the 12th pick. Warren Sapp got taken 12th overall in 1995.

As for Haloti being DROY, I don't expect him too, he will not put up the extraordinary sack numbers that others will, he will be more of an unsung hero in his first NFL season. I do expect him to become a star though, and I know he will produce at the NFL level. My pick for DROY would be either Kamerion Wimbley because of the system or Ernie Sims because hes a great athelete.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
I think it will be hard for a DT to win the defensive rookie of the year......its easier for a linebacker to win it becouse they get more tackles and more sacks.......It will be hard for anybody to beat AJ Hawk for that award.....

I didnt know that there was that big of a drop off in money from a top 5 pick to #12.......last year I think we gave Braylon a 40 million doller deal...

Two words: D'Qwell Jackson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Mac wrote:

Im hoping for that......but AJ will be starting ALL year while D'Quell might only start half the year......but thats just how Romeo handles his rookies.

Thanks to ElipticDawg on the sig!
duke2056 wrote:
Considering marijuana is the worlds most rAtarded thing to be ilegal,
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Mac wrote:

I think Huff and Cromartie have a good chance as well. I don't even think Cromartie will start, but his play making ability and hands are so good that I think he could get quite a few INTs as a nickel corner.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Potential Haloti Ngata contract Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
The 12th overall pick from the last 3 years...

2003 Jimmy Kennedy signed a 5 year deal worth $9 million with a $5 million signining bonus.

2004 Jonathan Vilma signed a 5 year deal worth $10.3 million (+1.3) with a $7.25 million (+2.25) signing bonus.

2005 Shawne Merriman signed a 5 year deal worth $11.3 million (+1) with a $9 million (+1.75) signing bonus.

Based on that Ngata should recieve something along the lines of a 5 year deal worth $13 million with around a $10.5-11 million signing bonus. Im not positive, but Im pretty sure Ngata's agent has a good history of getting his clients into camp on time.

Info from: http://www.ravens24x7.com/main.aspx?SectionName=way&ContentID=2544

Don't forget that the large increase in salary cap space will probably lead to a slightly larger jump than usual in the 1st rounder's salaries.

Also, Ngata will NOT win DROY. I seriously doubt that he will go to an extraordinary amount of prowbowls either... I do, however, think he will be voted to all-pro teams based on the fact that he won't be a flashy guy putting up sexy numbers. Instead, he'll be a vital cog in our defense and allow it to be dominant for another decade.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: