You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential Haloti Ngata contract

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
raven5255


Moderator

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 06 Jan 2005
Posts: 13634
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Potential Haloti Ngata contract Reply with quote

The 12th overall pick from the last 3 years...

2003 Jimmy Kennedy signed a 5 year deal worth $9 million with a $5 million signining bonus.

2004 Jonathan Vilma signed a 5 year deal worth $10.3 million (+1.3) with a $7.25 million (+2.25) signing bonus.

2005 Shawne Merriman signed a 5 year deal worth $11.3 million (+1) with a $9 million (+1.75) signing bonus.

Based on that Ngata should recieve something along the lines of a 5 year deal worth $13 million with around a $10.5-11 million signing bonus. Im not positive, but Im pretty sure Ngata's agent has a good history of getting his clients into camp on time.


Info from: http://www.ravens24x7.com/main.aspx?SectionName=way&ContentID=2544
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freezer-52


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 973
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats interesting how the past two picks at #12 have gone on to be DROY. Thats a good sign for us and Haloti Ngata.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaKingPin


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2332
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freezer-52 wrote:
Thats interesting how the past two picks at #12 have gone on to be DROY. Thats a good sign for us and Haloti Ngata.


Good pick up. I didn't notice that at first. But hopefully he follows the pattern.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mac


Joined: 15 Dec 2005
Posts: 3139
Location: Barnseville, Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be hard for a DT to win the defensive rookie of the year......its easier for a linebacker to win it becouse they get more tackles and more sacks.......It will be hard for anybody to beat AJ Hawk for that award.....

I didnt know that there was that big of a drop off in money from a top 5 pick to #12.......last year I think we gave Braylon a 40 million doller deal...
_________________

Thanks to ElipticDawg on the sig!
duke2056 wrote:
Considering marijuana is the worlds most rAtarded thing to be ilegal,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Raven31


Joined: 22 Dec 2005
Posts: 148
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ernie Sims is looking at DPOY, imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
raven5255


Moderator

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 06 Jan 2005
Posts: 13634
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I dont think Ngata will win DROY as like you said its very hard for a low profile position like defensive tackle to get a lot of recognition. I think freezer52 was just pointing out it as a good sign. I also agree with Raven31 on Ernie Sims winning DROY, hes my pick as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensWin520


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 16580
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freezer-52 wrote:
Thats interesting how the past two picks at #12 have gone on to be DROY. Thats a good sign for us and Haloti Ngata.
And the last DT to be picked at #12 has been a bust so far... Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raven5255


Moderator

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 06 Jan 2005
Posts: 13634
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true, Jimmy Kennedy. I remember when theyre was talk we might be interested in him at #10. Thankfully the Saints and Jonathan Sullivan intervened letting Suggs slip down to us. Although, we should have had Leftwhich in the first place if it wasnt for a busy phone line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freezer-52


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 973
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensWin520 wrote:
freezer-52 wrote:
Thats interesting how the past two picks at #12 have gone on to be DROY. Thats a good sign for us and Haloti Ngata.
And the last DT to be picked at #12 has been a bust so far... Wink



Yeah, and if you look at the other defensive tackles taken at the #12 spot in the past few years, they haven't fared so well:

Jimmy Kennedy
Wendell Bryant
Damione Lewis


Maybe I spoke to soon, but that isn't really important. Theres no curse of picking a D-Tackle with the 12th pick. Warren Sapp got taken 12th overall in 1995.

As for Haloti being DROY, I don't expect him too, he will not put up the extraordinary sack numbers that others will, he will be more of an unsung hero in his first NFL season. I do expect him to become a star though, and I know he will produce at the NFL level. My pick for DROY would be either Kamerion Wimbley because of the system or Ernie Sims because hes a great athelete.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 34379
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
I think it will be hard for a DT to win the defensive rookie of the year......its easier for a linebacker to win it becouse they get more tackles and more sacks.......It will be hard for anybody to beat AJ Hawk for that award.....

I didnt know that there was that big of a drop off in money from a top 5 pick to #12.......last year I think we gave Braylon a 40 million doller deal...


Two words: D'Qwell Jackson
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mac


Joined: 15 Dec 2005
Posts: 3139
Location: Barnseville, Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Mac wrote:
I think it will be hard for a DT to win the defensive rookie of the year......its easier for a linebacker to win it becouse they get more tackles and more sacks.......It will be hard for anybody to beat AJ Hawk for that award.....

I didnt know that there was that big of a drop off in money from a top 5 pick to #12.......last year I think we gave Braylon a 40 million doller deal...


Two words: D'Qwell Jackson


Im hoping for that......but AJ will be starting ALL year while D'Quell might only start half the year......but thats just how Romeo handles his rookies.
_________________

Thanks to ElipticDawg on the sig!
duke2056 wrote:
Considering marijuana is the worlds most rAtarded thing to be ilegal,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
RavensWin520


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 16580
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Mac wrote:
I think it will be hard for a DT to win the defensive rookie of the year......its easier for a linebacker to win it becouse they get more tackles and more sacks.......It will be hard for anybody to beat AJ Hawk for that award.....

I didnt know that there was that big of a drop off in money from a top 5 pick to #12.......last year I think we gave Braylon a 40 million doller deal...


Two words: D'Qwell Jackson
I think Huff and Cromartie have a good chance as well. I don't even think Cromartie will start, but his play making ability and hands are so good that I think he could get quite a few INTs as a nickel corner.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11791
Location: Crabtown
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Potential Haloti Ngata contract Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
The 12th overall pick from the last 3 years...

2003 Jimmy Kennedy signed a 5 year deal worth $9 million with a $5 million signining bonus.

2004 Jonathan Vilma signed a 5 year deal worth $10.3 million (+1.3) with a $7.25 million (+2.25) signing bonus.

2005 Shawne Merriman signed a 5 year deal worth $11.3 million (+1) with a $9 million (+1.75) signing bonus.

Based on that Ngata should recieve something along the lines of a 5 year deal worth $13 million with around a $10.5-11 million signing bonus. Im not positive, but Im pretty sure Ngata's agent has a good history of getting his clients into camp on time.


Info from: http://www.ravens24x7.com/main.aspx?SectionName=way&ContentID=2544


Don't forget that the large increase in salary cap space will probably lead to a slightly larger jump than usual in the 1st rounder's salaries.

Also, Ngata will NOT win DROY. I seriously doubt that he will go to an extraordinary amount of prowbowls either... I do, however, think he will be voted to all-pro teams based on the fact that he won't be a flashy guy putting up sexy numbers. Instead, he'll be a vital cog in our defense and allow it to be dominant for another decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group