Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agents- Wish List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smstuart14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Free Agents- Wish List Reply with quote

Here is my list of Guys in Fa market or have been released. Let me know what you think. Players to add or should drop from this list.

1. Jamie Sharper at MLB released by Texans - anyone know if he is fast and good for cover 2? He has to be better than Morris. Should be somewhat expensive meaning we cant resign any of our ufa.

2. Ty Law CB released by Pats- long time Nemesis could do us good and train our cbs for 2-4 years along with helping Manning out.

3. Simon at DT from Eagles- we would have to give up alot possibly James for him. I like what he does on the field and He's from Syracuse. We generally like Syracuse players.

4. Tommy Polly LB from Rams- I know i enjoyed him on my fant team last year but is he ilb or olb? Would cost us as much as Morris but faster and bigger.

5. Renaldo Hill CB from Cards- had 47 tackles last year, good size, and 4 years experience and from Mich St. Love a Big Ten Secondary. Get M. Jackson in draft.

6. Lenny Walls CB from Broncos- amazingly tall with potential but a restricted FA

7 .Dewayne Washington CB from Jags- released 10 year vet, good size 77 tackles last year

8. Rocky Calmus MLB from Titans- Restricted FA, always hear his name when watching titan vs colts games. Great College Player.

9. Andre Dyson CB from Titans- Would be improvement on any of our CBs but not a long term answer. I think he is asking for alot.

10. Akin Ayodele WLB from Jags- RFA, Former Purdue Player and a strong consistant player would love to have him but cant see Jags not resigning him.
inkwell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I believe Sharper would be great in our scheme. His SB experience would be a plus. I would break the bank for him but I think we only have room for him if Edge goes

2. Cant make this call til he is healthy

3. Simon would be at top of my list. He can reportedly be gotten for a 2 and a 3 spread over two years. His asking price on a new contract is astronomical apparently. He is an upfield pentrating disruptive DT. Perfect for our DT. I would give up Edge but I dont think the Eagles want Edge because of cost to sign him up. Eagles are pretty careful in terms of capology.

4. Polley is quick. Theoretically a perfect fit. I am not sure he has shown much at pro level. Would be good addition at right price. might excel due to change in scenery and system. I am lukewarm on him unless price is right. I think we can do as well in draft if we want LB depth. Not sure if he could play inside for us.

5. Dont know enough about him but know if they are picking players in order to get "an all Big 10" backfield . . . we are in BIG trouble. Hopefully they have more pertinent criteria to judge players on.

6. Pass

7. Pass

8. pass

9. will be outpriced for us

10. I would rather see us sign a SS backer and move Thornton back to the glory side where we know he can excel. improve two positions with one signing.
bigred

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharper and Polley head my list. The fact that they remain unsigned also helps - the longer it goes, the better for us I think.

Law is not worth what he would ask. There is no other FA CB I think is worth signing.
smstuart14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the input!!!
that means we have to draft a CB the frist round. I would agree with that. A first round CB does get expensive in 4 years though. Any chance we resign harper?
smstuart14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the input!!!
that means we have to draft a CB the frist round. I would agree with that. A first round CB does get expensive in 4 years though. Any chance we resign harper?
manning49

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: No money Reply with quote

It would be great to get any of these guys but we can't afford it so I think we just should move on.
inkwell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first, if you know for a fact we cant afford it, why are you asking all over the site how much cap room we have?

Second, we could afford any of these free agents we wanted if we do trade Edge. OR quite frankly if we signed him to a long term deal. That would lower his cap hit this year but I think they cant afford the up front amount and are loathe to commit long term until the stadium deal is final, which might be some time this coming season . . . allowing them to rework his deal during the season.

I think there was some guess by Bob Kravits in the Indy Star over the last couple weeks if you want to look it up. Earlier in the offseason Clayton listed the cap room of each team. Those things change almost daily this time of year so any figure you find may or may not be accurate by the time you read it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: