Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My trade proposal for the #2 pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you take the trade?
Yes
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
No
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: My trade proposal for the #2 pick. Reply with quote

KC is after Surtain and Miami is looking to trade down. So here is my proposal:
#2 and to KC for #15 and 2nd round in this draft and-
Surtain to KC for conditional pick in 2006. Which conditions being-- if he gets injured or performs really bad Miami gets a 5th round pick.
If he has medioaker performance they get a 4th round pick.
If he leads the team in interceptions they get a 3rd round pick.
If he makes the ProBowl they get a 2nd round pick.

Those conditons seem reasonable considering KC doesn't want to give up more than a 4th round pick and Miami doesn't want to compromise their demands for a 2nd or a 3rd. I think that those conditons would make both teams happy and if the picks were involved than Miami would be happy that they did get a 2nd round pick this year which they could use to trade for Alexander or draft a QB. What do yuo think of this proposal. If it needed ant tweeks you could add a late round pick.
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone on the KC board stated, all of KC picks in this draft (at least the ones that they can trade and haven't already traded) wouldn't be worth the #2 pick alone.

Surtain is easily worth this year's 2nd-round pick. If that's not something Peterson wants to cough up, then this year's 4th plus next year's 1st round pick is fair, or, at the very least, next year's 2nd with conditions that escalate it to a first (such as Surtain leading the team in INTs or the Chiefs making it to the AFC Title game).
FF Member #1031
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, i would not do that trade. We would definately be getting the shaft.

Here is the latest rumor that I have heard, it could be just from the news coming out yesterday about Miami talking to the two NFC teams.
Miami Trades #2 and 3rd rounder to Dallas for #11 and #20. If you look at the trade value chart, we are getting a little screwed, but this draft isn't as top heavy, so this may be real. What do y'all think?
FF Member #1000
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
No, i would not do that trade. We would definately be getting the shaft.

Here is the latest rumor that I have heard, it could be just from the news coming out yesterday about Miami talking to the two NFC teams.
Miami Trades #2 and 3rd rounder to Dallas for #11 and #20. If you look at the trade value chart, we are getting a little screwed, but this draft isn't as top heavy, so this may be real. What do y'all think?
If you heard that Dallas is tradig up its a bad rumor because Parcells has always traded down and found value with more picks. He doesn't trade up and recently i heard that they are talkin about trading down from #11 to get a 1st and a 2nd round pick.
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:

I think it's a ruse. There is also news that Dallas is interested in trading down to acquire more picks.

I have a feeling that this will be an active draft in terms of trades (much like last year's was). However, at this point, I don't think that the trades will start flowing until about the 6th or 7th picks in the draft.
FF Member #1031

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: