Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HELP WITH MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starkesn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: HELP WITH MOCK DRAFT Reply with quote

I want to do a mock draft and would like input from each teamís forum so I can understand what your needs are. Please give good reasons for the picks you make and list the positions you need in order of most important. Thanks.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if caddilac, ronnie, or cedric benson fall to us well grab them considering we are trying to trade shaun and we'll need a back to replace him-also we may use shaun as bait to move up in the first round...or just take a 2nd and another pick considering we trade him, which i hope to gosh we do...even if we (u) decide for us to keep him, a rb like morency wouldnt surprise me somewhere after the first round, or a possible rb in a late round...

...we need LB help, so of course if there were some way we get derrick johnson or merriman we would but thats very doubtful so guys like blackstock, ware, and burnett are logical choices. crowder is a good lb but his past injuries and off the field issues wouldnt go over well with the hawks and ruskell most likely...also if we dont go lb round 1, lbs like rudd, mccune, morrison would be solid picks in the 2nd (or 3rd if one falls)...

...we need more depth at DE so im sure wed pick up one somewhere, along with corner. in the later rounds, possibly a project QB for holmgren to play with but also a WR/KR...our kick returns have been pathetic so wouldnt be surprised if we took a wr who can return kicks...

...lastly, we need more depth on the offensive line...someone like david bass would be nice, but not in the 1st-in the 2nd if hes there...
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sort of by round and need. Great depth through the middle rds. Hawks got two extra this year thank god.

1.david pollack- non-stop motor, takes Brown place. They need lb help in a bad way, but I don't know if there is a guy that's worth taking in the first. outside of the obvious guys. Merriman won't slip that far and crowder has problems the seahawks have been purging this off season.pollack can play up or down, he's a football player. he'd take his mom's head off if she had the ball.

2. I say lb here is a must. who i just do't know.

3. should be some good value here. Kay-Jay Harris. Muture, blocks, big and fast. J.J. Arrington I guess has bulked up to 217, with a 4.3 40.

4. CB-great depth here. need some depth here and a fast slot guy. Fabian washington, but I think that his qirkouts moved him into the second round. McFadden, FSU Green from Va. Tech

5. wr-kr-pr- Chad owens, Hawaii. Lightning wuick, had 6 or 8 punt return td's. he'd be a pimp out of the slot, just get him the ball on a quick slant. If he were just a little bigger he's go much higher. I like Mark Bradley here too from Oklahoma. Had a knee injury but is a bigt play guy.

6. OL- aGaurd I think mostly. they'll take someone for insurance for Hutchinson. They need a center in case tobeck goes down.

I agree with most of immuhguy10's post.
SuperHawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our biggest three needs are OLB, CB, and WR...take your pick.

OLB: we've got mostly age and unproven youth and nothing in between. It would be nice to have a proven starter in there who doesn't miss half the time due to injury. Brown is out half the time and then plays half his games injured. Simmons is gone. Who else is there? DD Lewis has barely a handful of games under his belt and then he missed the entire 2004 season due to injury. White is greener than the grass in my front yard.

CB: we have one quality starter in Trufant and not much else. We got the new guy from Denver, Herndon, but he's more of a nickle back IMO. Other than that all we have is Taylor who spends half his time out due to injury. Just think of where we would be if Trufant goes down for any length of time...dead!

WR: the only real quality starter we have is Jackson and he is really a split end / number two guy. Our flanker / number one guy is Robinson and he's not much. I think he missed 6 or 7 games last year due to suspensions. Plus he runs the wrong routes and drops tons of balls. Engram is okay as a backup at SE but we don't have anyone behind Robinson. Jurvicious (sp?) isn't the answer at flanker.

My guess is that we'll go BPA on the first day of the draft until we get one of each of the above positions filled.

We might also take a center or MLB or backup QB (we don't have one) on the first day too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: