You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Starting Lineup, according to Athlon Sports

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Starting Lineup, according to Athlon Sports Reply with quote

Seems about right I think.

QB:David Carr
FB:Jameel Cook
RB:Domanick Davis
WR:Andre Johnson
WR:Eric Moulds
TE:Mark Bruener
LT:Seth Wand
LG:Chester Pitts
C:Mike Flanagan
RG:Steve McKinney
RT:Zach Wiegert

LE:Mario Williams
DT:Robaire Smith
DT:Seth Payne
RE:Anthony Weaver
LOLB:Shantee Orr
MLB:Sam Cowart
ROLB:Morlon Greenwood
CB:Dunta Robinson
CB:Demarcus Faggins
FS:C.C. Brown
SS:Glen Earl

K:Kris Brown
P:Chad Stanley

The only problem with that lineup is TE. I thought we brought in Putzier to start? The OT's concern me too, I hope the coaching helps or else I want the rookies to start.

^LORK 88^
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happened to Travis Johnson?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think Babin/ Peek will start at DE and Weaver will start at DT and Robaire/ Payne will battle for the other starting job. As of right now I, Kubes said the TE job is wide open & it looks as though Ryans will start at Weakside linebacker.
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horns1906 wrote:
Actually I think Babin/ Peek will start at DE and Weaver will start at DT and Robaire/ Payne will battle for the other starting job. As of right now I, Kubes said the TE job is wide open & it looks as though Ryans will start at Weakside linebacker.

I can see Weaver playing DT but they wouldn't put Mario on the bench. They have too much invested in him to not start him. Maybe it will be something like this:

DE:Mario Williams
DT:Anthony Weaver
DT:Robaire Smith/Seth Payne
DE:Jason Babin/Antwan Peek

^LORK 88^
texansfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
Horns1906 wrote:

I can see Weaver playing DT but they wouldn't put Mario on the bench. They have too much invested in him to not start him. Maybe it will be something like this:

DE:Mario Williams
DT:Anthony Weaver
DT:Robaire Smith/Seth Payne
DE:Jason Babin/Antwan Peek

That's what he had meant. Babin or Peek will start at one end spot, with Mario at the other. Then Robaire Smith/Seth Payne will start at one DT spot with Weaver at the other. Then Travis Johnson will rotate in. I really believe our LBs will be Ryans-Cowart-Greenwood, which I am stoked about. I haven't been this excited for our front 7 in the history of the franchise.

I also see Putzier as the starting TE and Buchanon making a comeback for the other CB spot. Aside from that, sounds pretty bang-on.
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my mistake. Yea because there's no way Mario will sit the bench.

^LORK 88^
goose85

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horns1906 wrote:

I would say Peek and Babin will be in on 3rd downs. Weaver is the run stopper we have to have on the edge. TE is wide open hell Joppru could be starting. I think Ryans will win the job in camp, and I also think one of the rookie OL will win one also.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting Lineup, according to Athlon Sports Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
The only problem with that lineup is TE. I thought we brought in Putzier to start? The OT's concern me too, I hope the coaching helps or else I want the rookies to start.
Re: TE, we'll see plenty of two TE sets that include Putzier.
Re: the OTs, the new staff is high on Seth Wand. They really like him, which is good enough for me.

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
what happened to Travis Johnson?
Combination of injury and lack of ideal attitude/work ethic.

Horns1906 wrote:
Actually I think Babin/ Peek will start at DE and Weaver will start at DT and Robaire/ Payne will battle for the other starting job.
In passing situations, I'll be curious to see if we try rushing the passer with Weaver and Williams at DT, with Babin and Peek at DE.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: