You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Predictions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDOG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: New Predictions Reply with quote

I was wondering what everyone;s predictions for the season are after the draft and FA.

Mine is a solid 7-9.
texansfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very optimistic prior to the draft and felt 9-7 was how we would go. However, that was a bold prediction based on very little fact (I know, even I am susceptible to band-wagon hype). Our schedule is tough this year and I think 7-9 is where I'm aiming too. We play games against: Philly, Indy (twice, obviously), Jax twice, Dallas, NY Giants, and New England. All those will be very tough games to win, and some of the other games are against teams that could surprise (NY Jets, Wash, Cleveland). So I think 7-9 is where I'd peg us too.
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that we have a lot of tough games this year but a few upsets (by us) and we could have the franchise's first winning season ever. I don't think 7-9 is too bad of a prediction for us.

^LORK 88^
AFD1717

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
I agree that we have a lot of tough games this year but a few upsets (by us) and we could have the franchise's first winning season ever. I don't think 7-9 is too bad of a prediction for us.

I was going to say 8-8. Winning is about attitude and Kubes is bringing a winning tradition.
Horns1906

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same expectations that I had at the beginning of last season, no less than 8-8...that may be high....but we haven't lost any significant players since last season began...but we have gained a Quality TE, a legit #2 reciever, a better Oline & dline...plus and upgrade in coaching & veteran leadership. The biggest areas of concern for me is WR & RB depth. Gaffney was a good slot guy and J Wells was a good back up.
texansfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:

I agree with that.... but it's one of those things that could slide either way. The Texans lost a few tight ones last year that would have greatly improved their record. So it's how we do in some of these tight games that will ultimately decide our record for next season. I'm guessing that we do alright, but with a tough schedule I'm thinking that some of those will go the oppositions' way.

Hopefully I'm wrong tho and we make a push for above .500
LJ4MVP_KC4Ever

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see the Texans going 8-8, but they would have to play very well the whole year. Playing againest the Colts and Jags two times a year does not help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: