Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Joe Gibbs draft for need or BPA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UtBDan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Does Joe Gibbs draft for need or BPA? Reply with quote

I'm curious as I'm making one mock draft, and I'm not gonna put it up until the night before the draft; and I just want to make sure that it looks perfect.

So my question is, would Joe Gibbs draft for a need or BPA?

And if you must know the BPA, it's Derrick Johnson; and the need would be one of the two top 10-ish CBs, Pac-Man and and Rolle.

And remember, this is not what you WANT to happen. This is what you think Gibbs & Snyder & company would do. I'm a Vikings fan, and I saw it happen in the forum all the time. Someone would ask what we should pick given the situation, and all everyone did was say what they want to pick. And I know that all the other forums (and basically every person) does that.

So say what you would want Gibbs to do.
And then say what you would think he would do.

And please let me know which is which lol Smile
Vikings fan.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't say, but I'm going to assume that Williams and Edwards are gone. I'm going to assume that Merriman is there. I think Gibbs would take Merriman, but would take a CB over DJ if those are the only options. I've said a number of times that I think we should trade down from the 9 spot because one of these prized players (DJ, Rolle, Pac-Man) is going to fall to us, and we would be better served by getting a 2nd round pick.

So if your mock includes trades, I say we trade down. Otherwise, we take Merriman or whichever CB you're inclined to give us.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If available, pencil in Merriman for number nine to the Redskins. Otherwise, pencil in Antrel Rolle or Carlos Rogers. I know that Pac-Man is considered, by many, to be a better prospect than Rogers, but as I've stated before, I've never seen Adam Jones play. I have infact, seen Carlos Rogers play numerous times and I fell in love with his style of play immediately. I really do think that he'd be the perfect Redskin. He has a great attitude. He works hard. He's a good tackler. He's very good in run support. He has a great speed and he can get physical when necessary. I watched him absolutely destroy Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl.

Anyhow, I believe that if Shawne Merriman, Mike Williams nor Antrel Rolle are available at the number nine position... Gibbs will trade down and pick up a late first round pick and a second or third rounder, as well. I'd want Gibbs to take a gamble at number nine, even if those three guys aren't available and draft Carlos Rogers, only because I firmly believe that he'll be a star very soon, in the NFL. I'm really hoping that the Redskins can trade Gardner and maybe their third round pick and move into the second round? I don't know how that'd work, but I'd love to be able to draft Matt Roth or David Pollack. They work REALLY hard, every down and persistence and continuity is a key to a great defensive end. I just don't know how far Pollack or Roth will fall in the draft.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Gibbs taking any of these 3 players at 9th, MWilliams, DJohnson, or ARolle. It should be a BPA pick for Gibbs, but surely the 3 players would be gone by #9. If not one of these 3, please trade down for another pick in the 2nd or at worst a 3rd. I really like Pollack or DCody later 1st. I hope we could get a 2nd rounder and pick up a corner or Matt Jones!
riggensghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we will do both, take the BPA and it will be a need position and there is a strong possiblity of that happening.

I think we take Rolle if he is on the board, but not Pac Man (dont ask me why) If Pac, then we trade down and look Fabian Washington and pick up a 2nd.

I think we take Merriman if on the board but not DJ (even though I love the thought of Arrington and Johnson together) If DJ is still on the board, we know that there are teams that have him high on their boards, we trade the pick and look need in late 1st and 2nd.

If we are luckiest of all M.Williams or B.Edwards will fall to nine but it wont happen 99% sure.
taylor #36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with riggensghost, if Rolle remains we will take him for his size. If he is gone we look to Merriman or trade down for more picks and Fabain Washington. Williams will be gone and Braylon will almost postively be gone as well. And if one remained i think we would use it for trade bait, i dont see Gibbs picking a WR in the early part of the first round maybe he would pick one late in the round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: