Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The #2 Pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: The #2 Pick Reply with quote

Maybe I am stating the obvious, but while we talk about which player to take at number 2, which right now appears to be Ronnie Brown or Edwards, I dont remember any of us looking into the future. Lets take a look at three things:

1) What do you think our record will be like if we draft either of these players? Meaning, do we have a top 5 pick?

2) How many potential very good or great players are there at the RB position next year.

3) How many potential very good or great players are there at the WR position next year.

These are things that I would think about. That doesnt mean pass up on the better player this year, but just a thought!
jdk3291

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know a lot of people think that if we draft a receiver we should draft braylon edwards but i think if we take a receiver it should be mike williams and heres why. although he is not the fastest guy, his height and size will allow him just to physically dominate the receivers. all the cornerbacks in the league are no taller than 6'0 and they are all designed to cover speedy receivers. if we draft mike williams, we will have a speedy receiver in chambers and a receiever that can just flat out dominate the corners.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO....I can't see us taking Mike Williams, we haven't shown any interest in him yet and I don't think we would take a chance on him at #2.

These are very hard questions that only time will reveal. Right now, before the draft, I would be happy to see the fins break .500, but lets break it down...

Atlanta - They will be a tough team next year and will probably make it to the NFC championship game again....LOSS
Buffalo - JP Lose man - Win X 2
Carolina - They will most likely struggle with the roster changes - Close game, but we win.
Denver - THey should be an interesting team to watch - LOSS
KC - Don't know.....could be Surtain's first visit to MIAMI as a chief......LOSS
New England - Not the best in AFC East next year, 1 win, 1 loss
JETS - They are gonna be pretty good, give one to each team. 1 Win, 1 Loss
Tennessee - Don't know about this game...not sure how the titans will be could be a win...but may be a LOSS.
Cleveland - Win...hopefully
New Orleans - Another Win
Raiders - A real test for our revamped defense, I think this will be a LOSS.
Chargers - They are gonna be to dang good.....LOSS
Buccaneers - I will be attending, so they better win....WIN

Projected Record 8-8
FF Member #1000
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we have to take ronnie brown he seems a sure thing

~ Lork
jdk3291

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been a football fan and a dolphins fan for a long time and one thing i learned about the draft is that there is no such thing as a "sure thing"
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, hard to find a sure thing in the draft. I'm sure Cedric Benson will find success in the NFL, but I'm not too sure for how long...
FF Member #1000
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
IMO....I can't see us taking Mike Williams, we haven't shown any interest in him yet and I don't think we would take a chance on him at #2.

These are very hard questions that only time will reveal. Right now, before the draft, I would be happy to see the fins break .500, but lets break it down...

Atlanta - They will be a tough team next year and will probably make it to the NFC championship game again....LOSS
Buffalo - JP Lose man - Win X 2
Carolina - They will most likely struggle with the roster changes - Close game, but we win.
Denver - THey should be an interesting team to watch - LOSS
KC - Don't know.....could be Surtain's first visit to MIAMI as a chief......LOSS
New England - Not the best in AFC East next year, 1 win, 1 loss
JETS - They are gonna be pretty good, give one to each team. 1 Win, 1 Loss
Tennessee - Don't know about this game...not sure how the titans will be could be a win...but may be a LOSS.
Cleveland - Win...hopefully
New Orleans - Another Win
Raiders - A real test for our revamped defense, I think this will be a LOSS.
Chargers - They are gonna be to dang good.....LOSS
Buccaneers - I will be attending, so they better win....WIN

Projected Record 8-8

I see what you're saying but I think that Miami beats Tennessee (who was only a win over Miami away from having the #2 pick themselves). However, I don't see the Dolphins beating New Orleans or the Jets at all.

That said, let's revisit this topic next month once the actual schedule comes out and we can see when we play each game. At this point last season, I didn't think that Miami would have been able to beat New England at all. Then the schedule came out and I saw that Miami got NE in Miami, in December, on Monday Night and I had hope. Even with the 1-9 start, I had hope.

Needless to say, after the win over the Pats, I walked with my head VERY HIGH for a couple of days after that and not one Pats fan around here (and I live in New England) has given me grief since.
FF Member #1031
wrayce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnie brown has great potential IMO he is like bo jackson and I dont want to see him on any other team but the dolphins.

mike williams does to

I would rather have mike over braylon, even though i like braylon better, mike is a beast and what he did do at USC was crazy

My signature gallery
alexdolphin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until today Ronnie Brows looks like the logical option to Miami, but remember this is a new era to Miami and coach Saban has hidden his moves very well and who knows if he is thinking in the same way like the "genius" that are making a lot of mocks drafts based only if the team has or not a prow bowler player in that or that position. I think that Edwards in WR position could bring an sure impact since the first day but that not means that could be a playoff team this year. Saban knows that this year is a "rebuilding year" in which he must collect the pieces in the correct place to achieve and win the superbowl in 2006. So, i trust in Saban and believe that he will choice thes BPA to the organization.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: