You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reason #874 why I hate Bud Adams...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reason #874 why I hate Bud Adams... Reply with quote

Owner wants Young to start Dec. 10

Sporting News wrote:
The Titans continue to say they'll be patient with rookie QB Vince Young, but team owner Bud Adams is looking at his calendar. He would like the former Texas star to be his starter on December 10--when the Titans play the Texans in Houston, where Adams lives.

Please, Bud. Let the coaches decide when he's ready to play. Pay the bills and keep your mouth shut. Evil or Very Mad

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
Crakaveli

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's no jerry jones.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like it. just have him sit out the whole season. instead of starting him as a rookie, just wait till he is ready in a year or so. we will still be playing the texans twice a year.

bud dont screw him up

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think he means starter in terms of starting to hold the clip board by then....haha Rolling Eyes Wink
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This move would most likely have Jeff Fisher and Company looking in the unemployment line and doesn't make sense but..........

A sure way to make sure Vince doesn't suit up this season would be to put him on the Injured Reserved, that way they dont get tempted to play him early.......lol

I wouldnt want that though. *****Start Dream Sequence*****I'd like to see him in week 15 or 16 after we have locked up home field for the playoffs.. *****End Dream sequence now*****
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to see Vince Young get some playing time this year towards the end of the season when were out of it so he can get some snaps and actually learn while playing in an NFL Game......

but its absolutely ridicoulus for the GM to be telling the coaches the exact date thate hes going to start playing......needs to just keep to his self and let his coaches do there job and teach hiim the offense. Confused

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
but its absolutely ridicoulus for the GM to be telling the coaches the exact date thate hes going to start playing......needs to just keep to his self and let his coaches do there job and teach hiim the offense. Confused

ESPECIALLY when the sole reason for it is to stick it to Houston for the messy divorce they had. It's no coincidence that game is in Houston. This just reaks of Bud putting his personal agenda before what's best for the team.

Ralph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Adams enjoy seeing Young play in the game in Houston? You bet he would! After Bob McNair infuriated Houston fans by not drafting Young or Bush, Bud is enjoying all of his newfound popularity in Houston.

But all he said was he'd like to see Young start. That's different from him telling Fisher to start Young, which he may or may not do. But it wouldn't surprise me. We'll see what happens.

You don't seem to like Adams. Here in Tennessee, he's quite popular. Fans here are happy he chose to bring the team here.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
You don't seem to like Adams. Here in Tennessee, he's quite popular. Fans here are happy he chose to bring the team here.

Yeah, I grew up in Wisconsin and live in Denver. How I became an Oiler/Titan fan is a looong story. So I have no ties to Nashville and I could see why he would have some popularity there. But if he turned his back on Houston and the Luv Ya Blue tradition there, he would do it in a heartbeat with Nashville, if the money made more sense elsewhere. I have no respect for him and this is just the latest reason.

I think owners should hire good people to run the team (which I think Bud does) and then stay out of the daily decisions (which he sometimes struggles with).

I hope you're right - I hope it's more of a "That would be cool..." rather than an order from his lofty throne. But this far in advance, it has nothing to do with VY's readiness and everything to do with his revenge on the city of Houston.

titans_5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the old bugger will die soon enough Laughing

i completely agree with you though RICK i really dislike adams.
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
Would Adams enjoy seeing Young play in the game in Houston? You bet he would! After Bob McNair infuriated Houston fans by not drafting Young or Bush, Bud is enjoying all of his newfound popularity in Houston.

But all he said was he'd like to see Young start. That's different from him telling Fisher to start Young, which he may or may not do. But it wouldn't surprise me. We'll see what happens.

no i dont think he would enjoy watching us giving probably the ONLY victory to an otherwise WINNLESS team.....

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
Ralph

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reason #874 why I hate Bud Adams... Reply with quote

Sporting News wrote:
The Titans continue to say they'll be patient with rookie QB Vince Young, but team owner Bud Adams is looking at his calendar. He would like the former Texas star to be his starter on December 10--when the Titans play the Texans in Houston, where Adams lives.
I looked up that article to see what else it said, but that was it. No interview with Adams. No direct quote. No attributable source. Nothing. We don't even know if Adams actually said that. It's no more than the author's opinion that Adams would like to see Young start. And the author is anonymous. The byline is from "SN Correspondents".

It's questionable if Adams ever said that. If he did, why wasn't he quoted directly? I don't put much stock in it.

Rick, you mentioned you live in Denver. I'll bet you have some stories you could tell about the high school days of Andre Woolfolk, Bo Scaife, and LenDale White. Maybe you'd be willing to share them someday. I'd be one who would be interested.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Reason #874 why I hate Bud Adams... Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
I looked up that article to see what else it said, but that was it. No interview with Adams. No direct quote. No attributable source. Nothing. We don't even know if Adams actually said that. It's no more than the author's opinion that Adams would like to see Young start. And the author is anonymous. The byline is from "SN Correspondents".

It's questionable if Adams ever said that. If he did, why wasn't he quoted directly? I don't put much stock in it.

That's a fair point. If it is solid info, whoever wrote it sure didn't bother with backing it up much. It's worded to be more than a guess at Bud's opinion, but maybe you're right and that's all it is.

Ralph wrote:
Rick, you mentioned you live in Denver. I'll bet you have some stories you could tell about the high school days of Andre Woolfolk, Bo Scaife, and LenDale White. Maybe you'd be willing to share them someday. I'd be one who would be interested.

Actually I haven't been a part of the high school scene much since I moved out here. (My kids are ages 5, 4, 3 and 2.) But one of my good friends from our church played with Scaife and claims he was above Bo on the depth charts before a knee injury. He's a big, ripped dude who doesn't say much, so I tend to believe him. I think he said Alex Smith (the Bucs TE) was on that team too...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: