You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terna Nande
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
titans#1 wrote:
Or we can just start running a 3-4 and have Bulluck, Tulloch, Thornton and Nande as our LBs

i like the idea because we have so many good young LB now but not with the way our DL has been progressing over the last couple of years....

we got a true pass rusher in KVB and have Haynesworth and Starks in the middle...Odom could end up being a decent DE but theres still a lot of quesitons about him and we might have to find another good one in the draft to help out KVB but i dont see anyway for us to change to a 3-4 defense.

we also dont have the kind of LBs for the 3-4....we dont have any DE/LB hybrids for the outside so all of our guys would be going for the two ILB spots or MAYBE the SOLB for some of them.....

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans#1 wrote:
Or we can just start running a 3-4 and have Bulluck, Tulloch, Thornton and Nande as our LBs

i was gonna ask that.

how would Bulluck be in the middle. u guys should get Nande in the lineup somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluck wouldnt play middle because mLB only plays 30% of our snaps or something like that, bulluck is also far to good outside to move him in, i think we will get nande in with a lot of special teams work, maybe a special teams captain next year, along with playing on 3rd down a lot and such.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
titans#1 wrote:

i was gonna ask that.

how would Bulluck be in the middle. u guys should get Nande in the lineup somehow.

I don't know if Bulluck would handle being an ILB in a 3-4 too well. If he's got any weakness in his game, its taking on blocks. Inside on a 3-4 with only one NT to occupy the inside blockers, that part of Bullucks game would have to improve dramatically. He could probably do well at one of the outside spots. LaBoy would also be a natural fit as the pass rushing OLB. But, when asked to drop back into coverage, he would be a liabilty. Also, our DL isn't built for a 3-4 too well. Haynesworth would naturally be the clog in the middle, but Starks would have to be switched to DE. KVB would lose a lot of his strengths going to the inside DE position as well. Odom, about the same size as KVB, would also be a bit undersized to play 3-4 DE. A good 3-4DE has to be in the 300 range with the NT at about 325+. We just don't have the personnel to do it... With maybe the exceptions of Tulloch as a natural fit at 3-4 ILB.

Nande will just have to settle into being the top backup at both OLB positions.
PacAttack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
titans#1 wrote:

i was gonna ask that.

I don't know if Bulluck would handle being an ILB in a 3-4 too well. If he's got any weakness in his game, its taking on blocks. Inside on a 3-4 with only one NT to occupy the inside blockers, that part of Bullucks game would have to improve dramatically. He could probably do well at one of the outside spots. LaBoy would also be a natural fit as the pass rushing OLB. But, when asked to drop back into coverage, he would be a liabilty. Also, our DL isn't built for a 3-4 too well. Haynesworth would naturally be the clog in the middle, but Starks would have to be switched to DE. KVB would lose a lot of his strengths going to the inside DE position as well. Odom, about the same size as KVB, would also be a bit undersized to play 3-4 DE. A good 3-4DE has to be in the 300 range with the NT at about 325+. We just don't have the personnel to do it... With maybe the exceptions of Tulloch as a natural fit at 3-4 ILB.

Nande will just have to settle into being the top backup at both OLB positions.

This will give us a quality backup (hopefully) for rotation reasons and depth. I really like having a backup that can potentially perform like a starter just in case an injury occurs. It's invaluable to have quality players like that on your team. I really like Nande and believe he'll be a great player for us in the future.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
Ralph

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rage hit the nail on the head. We don't have the personnel to go to a 3-4. You need 300-pounders for DEs that have to be the type who could play either DT or DE in a 4-3, like Kevin Carter. Also, the NT has different responsibilities than a 4-3 DT.

You need different types of OLBs also. Bulluck and Thornton don't fit the bill and you don't waste their talents moving them inside either. You also don't waste the talents of KVB, who would be undersized trying to play DE in a 3-4 scheme.

The Titans just signed KVB and Thornton to multiyear deals. KVB and Bulluck are signed through 2009 and Thornton through 2010. Between them, they account for $12.7M against the salary cap this year. So why would the Titans get away from what these guys are best at doing? Change their entire defense because a fifth-round draft pick could be good in a different system? Ridiculous.

If the Titans planned on switching to a 3-4, they wouldn't be committing major future salary cap money to 4-3 players. They wouldn't have brought in David Thornton and would have kept Rocky Boiman.

Just my opinion.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: