Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brown goes to Denver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Brown goes to Denver Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7462-2005Mar28.html

Oh well, I'm a little upset and a little relieved also. I'll be interested to see how he does.
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sux that he's in denver but now we can refocus on the draft. I say we get shawn merriman in the draft now that we a open spot for a pass rushing DE.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Merriman all the way...the more I think about it i'm scared of drafting a WR so high in teh Draft. Every time we do it backfires they never live up to the hype!

Westbrook, Gardner, Howard... I don't want to follow the trend!
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sold on Merriman at the number nine spot. I'm completely happy with that. I agree with not taking a wide receiver so high (unless it's Mike Williams). The Skins can go after a Roddy White or Larry Brackins if they can somehow trade into the second round. Then again... they could go after a wide receiver in the third round, as well.
taylor #36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merriman visted on Friday with the rest the local players, so we may find out soon how interested the redskins are in him
samuariskins

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Brown a NO GO! Reply with quote

I'm absolutely glad that Brown decided not to join the Skins. I think it would've been a big mistake for us. Remember this: BROWN WILL GET HURT WITHIN THE FIRST 6 WEEKS OF THE SEASON. Mark my words. In reference to the draft, if we can't get the either two top WRs or Rolles, than either trade down to aquire an addtional pick in the 2nd round or get the best DE.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylor #36 wrote:
Merriman visted on Friday with the rest the local players, so we may find out soon how interested the redskins are in him

On their website, they have an interview with Merriman and he stated that he has plenty of friends on the Redskins team and would love to play for the team. He also acknowledged the fact that he was impressed with the coaching staff's attention to detail and their professionalism.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: