Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"SUPRISE" 2007 Mock Draft v2 ~2 ROUNDS! ~& MOR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

YOU Predict: Which of These Players Will Be Drafted First ???
WR - Andre Caldwell
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
CB - AJ Davis
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
OG - Samson Satele
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
DT - Frank Okum
60%
 60%  [ 28 ]
WR - David Clowney
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
FS - Josh Gattis
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care how bad the Browns season is, they will not take a QB with the first pick. I doubt that they'd even end up with the pick. They are much more likely to take a DE, LT or just plain the best player available.
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson would be a lock first pick if the Browns had the first pick in the draft.

Doesn't matter. Whether or not people think the Browns are a legitimate team, how could they possibly go from picking 12th to 1st this year? Have they gotten worse?

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Doesn't matter. Whether or not people think the Browns are a legitimate team, how could they possibly go from picking 12th to 1st this year? Have they gotten worse?

how many people thought Houston got worse last season? or the NYJ? it's really not about getting worse, it's how many teams improved MORE than you did. honestly, i don't think the Browns will even sniff the top 5 this year, they should be in the 15-20 range, but things change.
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
how many people thought Houston got worse last season? or the NYJ? it's really not about getting worse, it's how many teams improved MORE than you did. honestly, i don't think the Browns will even sniff the top 5 this year, they should be in the 15-20 range, but things change.

How many more teams DID improve than Cleveland? Bentley, McGinest, Washington, Shaffer, Jurevicius in free agency. Winslow and Edwards should be healthy. Frye and a young secondary are only going to be better in Romeo's second year in Cleveland. Wimbley and Jackson will bolster our biggest weakness last year, our linebacking unit. I'm not saying that not anything can happen, but I think it's safe for me to argue that the Browns had one of the top 3-5 off-seasons out there.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
broncosfan_101 wrote:

How many more teams DID improve than Cleveland? Bentley, McGinest, Washington, Shaffer, Jurevicius in free agency. Winslow and Edwards should be healthy. Frye and a young secondary are only going to be better in Romeo's second year in Cleveland. Wimbley and Jackson will bolster our biggest weakness last year, our linebacking unit. I'm not saying that not anything can happen, but I think it's safe for me to argue that the Browns had one of the top 3-5 off-seasons out there.

i agree with all of that. i think the Browns would make a run for the playoffs if they were in the NFC. but maybe the changes you made won't pan out. maybe you get riddled with injuries. anybody could be picking no.1 next year. i actually have trouble seeing a team that will be picking in the top 3 next year. it's all comparative anyway.
Element

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
broncosfan_101 wrote:

You guys were top 3 in offseason, next to Philly and AZ.

I really believe the Browns could have a winning record this year, they definitely won't go #1 overall.

They probably will have a tough time getting to the playoffs past Cincy and Pittsburgh, but #1 is out of the question.

And yes, if they traded up to number 1, AP would be a lock for the pick.

Believe.
One Team.
One City.
One Dream.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
skeetohdeet07

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin goes to Georgia Tech.. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you call them the California 49ers?
djvenditti274

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after seeing all this browns not at number 1 talk or whatever i have to say a few things

1st if charlie does bad which i hope doesnt happen and doubt it will...i have a feeling it wont be to the extent where he will drag this team all the way down to number 1...i saw people saying peterson would be a lock and i dont mind it either...however part of the reasoning i felt we wouldnt pick at 1 even if charlie did suck it up...is i think the running game would help us get an extra win or 2...

honestly i think charlie playing poorly would be probly the only reason we'd pick 1 if so...im sorry but we'd take brady...or whoever the best qb was...and the only reason i think we would pick in the top 5 would possibly be a few things...tough sched, injuries, and charlies play too i guess....and id rather pick at 1 if that was the case anyways so we could have our pick of the prospects....

i like peterson and all but ive stated this on the browns forum...i just dont think our running game is that bad and will be something we need to draft in the first for next year....maybe in a few when droughns is older...but still

i will say one thing though, and most browns fans already know this...charlie has already begun developing a great chemistry with the guys like braylon and kw2 during the offseason, which i hope and believe will translate to the field this season...

i saw people saying possible playoffs i think or at least a run for a wildcard spot...i agree with challenging for a spot..but due to the tough schedule and fact that the team still needs to gel and all that stuff...i think itll result in a pretty average season, better than last years..same at worst....and i think ultimately we will def give a lot of teams a run for their money if we dont win...and that will foreshadow the things to come in 07/08 or whatever it will be

either way who knows whatll happen
frye to edwards

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#1. The Cleveland Browns Select ...Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame

The Browns are NOT the Worst Team in Football, but sadly this
season they may have one of the worst QB's. The Browns made
a lot of moves this offseason, and the Defense looks STACKED,
but I will argue that their offense is a Paper Tiger. Frye is
essentially still a rookie QB, while their 2 biggest names
Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr. Have NEVER set foot in
an NFL game...so basically still rookies...then you have Droughns.
He's not THAT much of a stud to make up for the ROOkie mistakes
you are going to see this season. I blame the season on FRYE, and
think that he will bust after being under this much pressure before
he is ready to handle it. Charlie Weiss will call up Romie and
the Browns will get thier Franchise QB in SUPERSTAR Brady Quinn.
Another Running-Back and 2 More Years and the Browns will be a
top contender in the AFC.

Are you serious???? Do you know anything about the Cleveland Browns? First of all, Braylon Edwards played in over half the season last year, and you say he has NEVER set foot in an NFL game. Second, the browns won 6 games this year and picked 12th. Do you think after the great offseason they've had they will finish 2-14 or 3-13???

I don't know how that could happen. Yeah, you can say all you want about the inexperience of Frye, Winslow and Edwards, but that doesn't mean they will get 4 games worse with them coming back healthy and the addition of Bentley, Washington and McGinest.

If you think the Browns have the worst QB in the NFL, you need to start watching more of their games, because there are a lot of teams who would love Charlie Frye to start for them. San Francisco, Houston, Baltimore, Oakland, Minnesota, Chicago and Arizona could all be starting Charlie Frye on their teams this year

MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron rouse
-like that, good pick

WR
-no.... need NT badly, weve got plenty solid WRs and Roddys a stud

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
Hiero

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie Frye looked like ap retty solid young QB, I think he has afuture.

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
yh2286

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but Joe Thomas was never considered to be as good as Dbrick and even if he was than he wouldnt go as high just due to the knee injury.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers taking a corner in Rd 1????

With Chris Gamble and Ken Lucas being among the top tandem of starting corners, and having drafted Marshall this past year in the 2nd round, that pick makes no sense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: