Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas or New Orleans? (who's getting the better deal?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dallas has 3 pro-bowlers on their o-line, dallas might have the best o-line in the NFL

some dallas fans were talking with some saints fans about the howard trade on saints report.com, and both sides were saying this trade benifts dallas and the saints. their conversation was a little bit more friendly
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a double benefit trade ifit goes through as reported
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lsusaint...

didn't know that "shutup" is an attack. but with that being said...i apologize if a broke any rules. won't happen again.
RANDY54

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT WILL BE DARREN FOR A 2ND AND THAT'S IT!!!!!
DAT IS STAYING PUT AS HE SHOULD!
MR HOWARD JUST NEEDS TO COME DOWN ON HIS $16 MILLION SIGNING BONUS REQUEST!!!

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SACK!!!!!
BREAK THEM BONES!!!
Armyscout

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that your inner child throwing a tempertantrum or a voice of reason?

Seriously Randy...... Howard for only a 2nd round pick.

Dat can stay in Dallas and Howard can stay in NO.
Us true fans of the Saints hate to see Howard being put up on the trading blocks, but we understand reason. His back-up has grown into a starter DE.
Dat is in the same position for Dallas. That means though you hate to see him go, he is expendable for the better of the team.

As far as contract and signing bonuses.... I am sure that Mr. Howard is not reading this forum and making financial decisions based on you.
He has to be financially tough with management. He is the man on the field who is earning that money. Jones ain't earning that money you fans are paying to see your favorite atheletes. If he was asking for something outragous I would see your point. The seahawks screwed you guys by given Wistrom that big signing bonus. Howard is as good if not better and he believes that he should get a similar deal.
RANDY54

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DALLAS/JJ WON'T GIVE HIM 16 MILLION OR DAT NGUYEN.
THERE ARE RUMORS IT MAY BE PICK-S FOR 2006................
DON'T EXPECT THE HOUSE FOR HOWARD BECAUSE WE WON'T GIVE IT.

SO ARMY MAN: YOU JUST KEEP THINKING THAT YOU DESERVE A FIRST AND MAYBE IT WILL COME TRUE!!

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SACK!!!!!
BREAK THEM BONES!!!
Armyscout

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's asking for a first?

Do you think DAT is equal to a first?

We are asking for a 2nd for Howard, and a trade or a 2nd next year.

Now the signing bonus is a different story!!! After Wistrom got that kinda money in Seattle, and JJ handing out 28 million to 3 FA players this month alone. 10 mil for a signing bonus for a CB and another mil for reporting to camp. 11 MIL for a CB, but want give Howard a 16-17 mil bonus.
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loyalbutsadfan:saints: wrote:
umm yes you stupid **** lecharels bently is a damn beast and could beat the **** out of your whole team plus he has the best name in the whole nfl.......... besides takeo spikes
Hey unloyalbutts you make no sense Sharper doesn't even play for the Boys you need to learn your players before you even come in these forums. You want to compare coaches to Parcells to Haslett hmmm I'd go with Parcells and the Saints will be decent next year. But the Boys will smash them just because you don't know what you are talking about.
Dragon00420

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Trade would work for both teams Reply with quote

I don't see this deal getting done until the week of the draft. Maybe not at all, but if it did go thought no matter how the trade worked out... 2nd Round or 1st Rounder both teams would reak the benifits.

Dallas needs a Pass rush DE, Jerry is happy to pay him what he wants

Saints need to unload his Franchice tag and getting a draft pick and possible a player (more likely just a draft pick maybe a 2nd and 5th round pick) would be what the doctor ordered

I still say this deal has a 50/50 chance of happening, now that the NFL meetings in Hawaii are over parhapes there will be some movement on this deal.
SaintsFan4LIfe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put Dallas on our schedule every year.

Count it as one win off the bat baby!!!

Cowgirls r trash!!! The 90's are long gone. Keep worshiping Plastic Face all you cowgirl whiney fans.

Trash I tell you. Of course all my fellow Saints fans already know this.

Saints4Life.
timmay98

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Chiefs fanatic! Reply with quote

TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT! Evil or Very Mad

Rumor has it that Howards is on the trading block and for only a 2nd rounder. What about the Chiefs 46th pick overall and a 5th rd. It's a decent pick and the Chiefs neeeeedddd some major defensive help. I agree Howards worth more then a 2nd rounder unfortunately that can happen but don't trade him for someone in you own conference. What are the chances a trade like this with the Chiefs would come back to haunt you???

Please be gentle Embarassed
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it matters who we trade him to as ong as they aren't in our division, i really don't want him to go to the Cowboys (because they have [inappropriate/removed] bag fans) but i really don't care as long as we get somewhere near his value.
teroco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look all you Cajun-spice eatin, swamp house livin, alligator wrestling Aints so-called fans, Your state $ucks, your team $ucks, and your people $uck. That's all I wanted to say!

Go Cowboys!
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See what I mean 70% of their fans are [inappropriate/removed] bags, and they seem to believe this is 1995 and they still have a good team, ummmm... that was ten years ago and Aikman ain't coming back Gowgirl's fans (although Bledsoe is about the same age). The fans who are a-holes make the 30% look bad.
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DeuceFan26
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:25 pm Post subject:
See what I mean 70% of their fans are [inappropriate/removed] bags, and they seem to believe this is 1995 and they still have a good team, ummmm... that was ten years ago and Aikman ain't coming back Gowgirl's fans (although Bledsoe is about the same age). The fans who are a-holes make the 30% look bad.
teroco
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:02 pm Post subject:
Look all you Cajun-spice eatin, swamp house livin, alligator wrestling Aints so-called fans, Your state $ucks, your team $ucks, and your people $uck. That's all I wanted to say!

Go Cowboys!

This thread is supposed to be about who would get the better end of the proposed Dallas/New Orleans deal. It has spiraled out of control with the language and attacks to each others teams and fans, therefore i am locking this thread. Keep the threads to the subject at hand or anything related to football.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM or the Webmaster.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: