You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons/Saints sig bet!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gritsblitz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Falcons/Saints sig bet! Reply with quote

First off, congrats on the win against San Francisco. That was a really good game with an exciting finish. Granted, the 49ers shot their selves in the foot, a win is a win and that's all that matters when it's all said and done. I'm hoping Bush is okay so each team will be at full strength for the most part.

Let me get to the point of this thread though.

Why not spice up this rivalry with a sig bet? It's quite simple. Sign up and show that you support and have faith in your team. If the Falcons win (Cool), the Saints fans who sign up will have to wear a sig o the Falcons choice for one week. If the Saints win (Crying or Very sad), the Falcons fans who sign up will have to wear a sig of the Saints choice for one week.

So without further ado, let those sign-ups roll in!

Falcons:
Gritsblitz
delpanator23
SemperFi
Patro14
chipperboy1
maggot

Saints:
Raves
Saints25-12
slcsaints
bayou_saint
Harper41

Last edited by Gritsblitz on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 7 times in total
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's the 49ers shooting themselves in the foot and not the Saints making things happen and taking advantage of opportunities they get...

THOSE SIG BETTING WORDS THERE!!

PUT ME IN COACH!!!
Saints25-12

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i am up for it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In.

Pierre Thomas: CAR 46, YDS 147, TDS 1, REC 17, YDS 133
Will Smith: 25 TKLS, 3 ASST, 3.5 SACKS, 5 PDEF, INT 1, FF 1
RowdyRoddy84

Location: Matt Ryan is a fraud. He's unclutch. He has a noodle arm.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, your gonna deny that the 9ers shot themselves in the foot? Good ole blind fans.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Brees was sacked 80% of the times he was sacked last year
bayou_saint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.

Last edited by bayou_saint on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RowdyRoddy84 wrote:
Wait, your gonna deny that the 9ers shot themselves in the foot? Good ole blind fans.

So if you guys get 5 turnovers, isn't going to happen btw, it's going to be because the Saints shot themselves and not because the Falcons made good plays?

Now if they were just them dropping the ball and just really fluky things like that, then ok, but they were forced turnovers, pressure on the QB to throw an errant pass and our defense practice tip drills a lot, another tip pass by a defender for an INT, a play where Vilma punches the ball out, another thing we focus on, and a muffed punt in bad conditions, both teams did it only we recovered our own muff.

No blinders just pointing out the truth.
Gritsblitz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
So it's the 49ers shooting themselves in the foot and not the Saints making things happen and taking advantage of opportunities they get...

PUT ME IN COACH!!!

San Francisco gave the game away IMO. On the first drive, the center made a terrible snap which gave the Saints a safety. Then in the fourth quarter, Adams made a bonehead mistake and decided to attempt to field a punt, which he fumbled. That led to a Saints field goal. That's five points right there that New Orleans was given to on a silver platter. They won by three; you do the math. Wink

Like I said, though, a win is a win. It doesn't matter how you get them, as long as you get them.

Glad you're in! Lets get more!
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gritsblitz wrote:
Raves wrote:

PUT ME IN COACH!!!

San Francisco gave the game away IMO. On the first drive, the center made a terrible snap which gave the Saints a safety. Then in the fourth quarter, Adams made a bonehead mistake and decided to attempt to field a punt, which he fumbled. That led to a Saints field goal. That's five points right there that New Orleans was given to on a silver platter. They won by three; you do the math. Wink

Like I said, though, a win is a win. It doesn't matter how you get them, as long as you get them.

Glad you're in! Lets get more!

He fielded it because they were down 5 with 5 minutes to go and wanted to try and give good field position, didn't happen. Was it a mistake for him to field the ones he caught in nearly identical positions that he took for 5-10 yard gains?

The safety would've been a punt instead so we still win by 1.
delpanator23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

downskies

^^^Kempes on the sig!

Adopt a Dirty Bird: Kroy "The Beer Truck" Biermann
Gritsblitz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gritsblitz wrote:
we can agree to disagree.

Gritsblitz wrote:
we can agree to disagree. Smile

Last edited by Gritsblitz on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gritsblitz wrote:
Raves wrote:
He fielded it because they were down 5 with 5 minutes to go and wanted to try and give good field position, didn't happen. Was it a mistake for him to field the ones he caught in nearly identical positions that he took for 5-10 yard gains?

99.9% of people (not including Saints fans) would agree with me when I say that the muffed punt was more of a bonehead play by the 49ers than a good play by the Saints, but we can agree to disagree.

it was only boneheaded because he muffed it. If he hadn't he would've had at least another 5 yards he would've improved their field position by and no one would've said it was a boneheaded play.

That's like saying "Well that was a boneheaded throw by Alex Smith because it got intercepted" but not taking into account that the ball was tipped by his own player into the defenders hands...
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RowdyRoddy84 wrote:

Pot meet kettle.
Gritsblitz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was the muffed punt more of a bad play by Adams or a great play by Roby? I find it hard to believe that someone could say the latter.

Last edited by Gritsblitz on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gritsblitz wrote:
Raves wrote:
Gritsblitz wrote:
Raves wrote:

99.9% of people (not including Saints fans) would agree with me when I say that the muffed punt was more of a bonehead play by the 49ers than a good play by the Saints, but we can agree to disagree.

it was only boneheaded because he muffed it. If he hadn't he would've had at least another 5 yards he would've improved their field position by and no one would've said it was a boneheaded play.

That's like saying "Well that was a boneheaded throw by Alex Smith because it got intercepted" but not taking into account that the ball was tipped by his own player into the defenders hands...

So was the muffed punt more of a bad play by Adams or a great play by Roby? I find it hard to believe that someone could say the latter.

We took advantage of an opportunity. We recovered our muff punt is the only real difference.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: