You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So what do you think is our most glaring need on offense?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmike

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was disappointed that the Bears didn't address Oline in FA, It looks like JA wants to field vets only, and has spent $$$$ there to stablize the teams off. Vet. olinemen knows what it takes. If you don't have the time the WR can't get open. Vet oline Young Dline
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
the most glaring need is established WR's, all of these great TE's have people tweaking, since when was a TE ever GLARING!?! no one really cared until this new breed came out and none of them have won SB's yet anyway.

Marino never won a Superbowl either. Does that mean we wouldn't have taken him over the million qbs we had? Just because none of their teams have won the Superbowl yet, that by no means says that we don't need one. That logic doesn't fly. Our biggest weakness IS TE, period. I don't know how anyone could say that Desmond (Drop) Clark is anywhere near serviceable.
Jack

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definatly TE.

WR is a problem, seeing that we need to stay healthy, but honestly, if Moose goes down, does Bradley and Berrian scare anyone?

If you were to go to any of the other 31 teams in the NFL and talk about Bradley/Berrian, they wouldn't know who/what you were talking about.

I think it's more of an offensive passing threat.

Clark drops to many balls when he gets tackles (If my memory serves me correct, he dropped 2 in one game a year or two ago).

The reason he did so "well" in Den. was because they just boot legged to him, get him open in the flat, and run outa bounds so as to NOT lose the ball.

Honestly, if he was THAT good of a TE do you really think that a team like Denver, a team that USES good TEs, and recognizes good TEs, would really let him go? I don't think so...

OL is a need down the road, I really would have liked Angelo to grab one in the 4th round in the Draft, he seems to find Money players there. But then again, I still disagree about this draft anyways, so who cares...

But I just think we need POINTS.

What we are talking about here is details to get POINTS. Having a WR doesn't automatically give us points, it helps, yes, but it doesn't GET them. I just think we need more offensive production.

I think having Rex in there suits us well. But having Griese was the best move made this offseason.

I honestly thik Griese could lead a team to the Super Bowl--I really do.

He had a 5-1 record before he went down last season, portray that over a 16 game schedule, and you have the best team in the NFC, composed of a really stout defense, and you have got yourself a Super Bowl team.

Now look at us!

We have a BETTER Defense, and he could make us that much better.

I honestly don't care what we do this season, so long as we win, and to win, we need points--PERIOD!

So however we get them, thats what I want.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
wildboy26

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say tight end is the biggest need. QB is a question a bit, it is a wait and see situation there, but they have two reasonable(or atleast we hope)capable starters in Rex and Brian so hopefully not. I think the WR position has alot of room for growth, and will improve alot this year so I dont think that either. OL is good I think.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
the most glaring need is established WR's, all of these great TE's have people tweaking, since when was a TE ever GLARING!?! no one really cared until this new breed came out and none of them have won SB's yet anyway.

Marino never won a Superbowl either. Does that mean we wouldn't have taken him over the million qbs we had? Just because none of their teams have won the Superbowl yet, that by no means says that we don't need one. That logic doesn't fly. Our biggest weakness IS TE, period. I don't know how anyone could say that Desmond (Drop) Clark is anywhere near serviceable.

Comparing a hole at TE to a hole at QB is ridiculous, and I wasnt saying we couldnt use one, I was just talking about the glaring need. If we could have somebody like a Gates, or Shockey I would love it, but its not really that important.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not listening to what I'm saying. I am not comparing it to the qb position. I am saying that not winning a Superbowl should not be a basis for an argument here. And to a young qb like Grossman, it IS that important, especially on what was the 29th rank offense in the league last year.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this upcoming season, my biggest concern is depth at O-line. If the Bears have a couple of linemen go down I think they are in big trouble.

I think the Bears already have a lot of talented players on offense who will be able to contribute and play at a high level. Unfortunately there are still more questions than answers. Hopefully this season will answer some of the important ones:

Can Grossman stay healthy and if so is he really the Bears QB of the future?

Will Benson beat out Jones and emerge as the RB they think he is?

Berrian has shown flashes of being a great deep threat but is he durable enough? Can he take many of those big hits like the one against Carolina and stay healthy?

Bradley looked like he was becoming the Bears best receiver last year but can he come back full strength from his injury?

Will Curry ever get on the field?

Hopefully we can be saying yes to a lot of those questions at seasons end.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
For this upcoming season, my biggest concern is depth at O-line. If the Bears have a couple of linemen go down I think they are in big trouble.

Games missed in 2005:
Tait - 1
Brown - 4
Kreutz - 1/2
Miller - 1

St. Clair and Garza filled in nicely when any of these guys went down with injury. We could use some youth for the future but unless three of them go down at the same time we are just fine IMO.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:

Games missed in 2005:
Tait - 1
Brown - 4
Kreutz - 1/2
Miller - 1

St. Clair and Garza filled in nicely when any of these guys went down with injury. We could use some youth for the future but unless three of them go down at the same time we are just fine IMO.

I second that Grr.
NBA- Bulls
Peanut3

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te is a big need but alot of eyes will be on Day this year but he wont be expected to be an allstar or anyting but next years draft is the time to add young depth to our oline so guys like tait and brown who are getting up there in age can mentor them until they dont have anything left... i wanna see a gamebreaker wr come in like ginn or jarrett or johnson next draft but doubtful bc those guys are top 15 picks most liekly...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: