You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fox's projected stats on both Rex and Brian

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildboy26

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Fox's projected stats on both Rex and Brian Reply with quote

It is interesting to look at Fox's projected "career" and projected "playoff" stats for both Rex and Brian. They have projected career stats for all the Bears players, but I found the ones on these two interesting to say the least.

Rex's:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/140445

Brian's:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?categoryId=69573
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok wildboy I'll bite. What exactly is interesting about these projected statistics since they are all dashed out (because they haven't played any games yet this year).

How this works is that once either of them plays a game this year FOX will then start to project their stats for the season.

It was a nice attempt at picking on Grossman for no reason, but you failed in this one my friend Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry now that I looked them over more closely, I can see I misinterpreted what they were saying.
Mayhem

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildboy26 wrote:
Sorry now that I looked them over more closely, I can see I misinterpreted what they were saying.

[READ] Sorry, now that I actually looked at them...
Midway Monster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayhem wrote:
wildboy26 wrote:

[READ] Sorry, now that I actually looked at them...

Laughing Another peculiar post by our friend wildboy.
kegstand

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one can't wait until Rex lights it up this year and silences everyone once and for all including my friends whose only comeback is "at least my QB isn't hurt every year!"
wildboy26

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rex plays all year nothing less than a QB rating above 80, an even ratio of TDs to INT(atleast), and a passing rating of around 60%(or better)
would be satisfying to me anyways.

His stats of his bit seasons arent probably a fair indicator to go on, but if he plays a full season healthy I dont want to see those stats at the end of the year.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildboy26 wrote:
If Rex plays all year nothing less than a QB rating above 80, an even ratio of TDs to INT(atleast), and a passing rating of around 60%(or better)
would be satisfying to me anyways.

His stats of his bit seasons arent probably a fair indicator to go on, but if he plays a full season healthy I dont want to see those stats at the end of the year.

Couldn't agree more. With as much hype that the organization gives him, and as much as we are trying to believe that he's "the man" I need to see it on the field.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think almost every bears fan isnt sold on him ( how can u be) but all of us want to be sold on him. I hope he is a pro bowler in 2 yrs and better than the worthless qb's in the nfc right now. Go get em rex!
wildboy26

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
Couldn't agree more. With as much hype that the organization gives him, and as much as we are trying to believe that he's "the man" I need to see it on the field.

Yeah it is time to put up or shut up. Twisted Evil The expected stats I posted were only average in the NFL, and they only match Griese's stats from his better years as well. It is not like asking the moon for him to meet the stats I just posted. If he has a decent year this year, hopefully he will build in confidence, strength, and above all the knowledge, vision, and ability to read plays, targets, and schemes that make NFL QBs good, a bit more year by year, assuming he stays healthy.
kris_kapsner

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man! No love for Rex out of Chicago. I personally have been impressed with the guy when he's been playing and healthy. He's been injury prone to put it lightly but he gives you guys a heck of a spark when he's in there. Who do think is the future of the organization if it isn't Rex? Orton? Please.
WR: Jennings, Colston, Calvin Johnson, Evans, Andre Johnson, Crabtree
TE: K. Winslow, Witten
4DaBERS

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think almost every bears fan isnt sold on him ( how can u be) but all of us want to be sold on him. I hope he is a pro bowler in 2 yrs and better than the worthless qb's in the nfc right now. Go get em rex!

Well stated.

Quote:
Man! No love for Rex out of Chicago. I personally have been impressed with the guy when he's been playing and healthy. He's been injury prone to put it lightly but he gives you guys a heck of a spark when he's in there. Who do think is the future of the organization if it isn't Rex? Orton? Please.

Are you kidding me? By Chicago standards, we have had an extraordinary amount of patience and support for Rex. No Love?! Give me a break. The fact is, every single Bear fan WANTS Rex to be great (save for wildboy), but, while you see a spark from the offense when Rex is in there, his stats just don't show it. The kid's got moxie, he's got swagger, he's got confidence and leadership charictaristics, and he's a gamer...he's worked through and come back from 2 significant and painful injuries. But His stats for when he has played are not good...in fact, they're bad. Then again, it's unfair to judge him on those stats because they've been collected from so few games that are so far between. As a result, we have reason to feel good about Rex's potential, but we have just as much, if not more reason to feel a little queezy about it.
NKbearsNK

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kris_kapsner wrote:

Your darn right no love! I like the "guy" but as a franchise QB, he has done nothing to get me hope of a better future in the QB position. Think about this, Why did we get Greise? Because when, I said when he wins the job, he will be the best QB we have had since Kramer or even longer than that. He has proven he can play like a soild NFL QB and thats all we need. Rex has not.

I'm not trying to sound like a Rex hater, I'm not.(I got his Gators jerseys for god sake) I've been a fan of him since college, but as a die hard bear fan, I want whats best for the team. I believe at some point, Greise will be our man. I hope I'm wrong.

Sorry to vent on this, This subject just drives me knutz! I long for the day when we have a hold on the QB position.
kegstand

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think the kid has had an unfortunate string of bad luck and really do believe he throws a great ball when he's healthy. Hopefully he shakes that injury bug and gets to form and start impressing some people because I haven't given up on him yet!!

I mean look at Phil Simms, that guy was hurt for his first 4 seasons, and look what he went on to do, now I'm not saying that Rex is Simms, but there's hope:

The all-time passing leader of the New York Giants is Phil Simms, a battle-scarred veteran of fifteen NFL seasons, who fought back from injury and adversity to become one of football's most respected quarterbacks. Drafted out of tiny Morehead State University in the first round of the 1979 draft by the then-struggling Giants, Simms showed promise as a rookie, but his potential seemed unlikely to be fulfilled as injuries forced him to sit out at least part of four successive seasons. Even though he set club passing records in his first full season as a starter and, in the 1986 season, won most-valuable-player honors for both the season and Super Bowl XXI, in which he led the Giants to their first championship in thirty years, Simms was never fully embraced by the notoriously fickle Giant fans. A gritty, blue-collar quarterback whose tenacity, disciplined work habits, and fearless composure earned him the admiration of his teammates and the respect of head coach Bill Parcells, Simms was again leading New York to the playoffs when, in 1990, an injury forced him to the sidelines, where he watched as his substitute, Jeff Hostetler, guided the Giants to their second Super Bowl win in five seasons.
NKbearsNK

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kegstand wrote:
Well I think the kid has had an unfortunate string of bad luck and really do believe he throws a great ball when he's healthy. Hopefully he shakes that injury bug and gets to form and start impressing some people because I haven't given up on him yet!!

I mean look at Phil Simms, that guy was hurt for his first 4 seasons, and look what he went on to do, now I'm not saying that Rex is Simms, but there's hope:

I agree there is still hope, It's the "putting all your eggs in one basket" problem I see. People have the right to like the guy they want and I respect that, I just get tired of the talk that Rex is our future and Thats That. I've read a bit of it here but most of the time it from talk radio or just other Bears fans I know. We have not had a Franchise QB.....ever. So I just get impatient every year. I'm worried as he#$ that Rex won't turn out. But when we signed Greise, A little bit went away. He is not the franchise, but a good carryover till the next QB of the future comes.

Do I want rex to be the man for the next 10? Yes
Do I think it will happen? 70/30 no/yes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: